Modern Warfare 2 *sprut*

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I usually run n gun, but lately I've gotten started sniping. I can't wait to use the CheyTac Intervention.

I usually run n gun, but lately I've gotten started sniping. I can't wait to use the CheyTac Intervention.

run and gun with the sniper rifle. play every map with it. dont stop moving to get the perfect shot. just keep moving, stop, scope, fire, keep moving.

the scope step should take less than one second. if you cant do it, dont keep holding it, keep moving and try to move yourself into a better position for the shot. use acog scope and m40, no other combo. perk 3 has to be steady aim, and if you're playing anything but hardcore, perk 2 needs to be stopping power. Give it a full night of playing (4 hour or more) and then come back and tell me you dont feel like a god pwning n00bs. With the m40 and acog it's one shot kills anywhere on the opponent.

on PSN people think i cheat, but steady aim + acog = ftw. m40 + acog + stopping power = 1 shot kills. The rest is just practice. Steady aim works even better on the Xbox 360 since the aim assist is even more pronounced.

You shouldn't even have to scope with steady aim on. I can't do it though, unless I get lucky with it.

Jebus runs around with a Barrett/acog, bandolier, sleight of hand, steady aim. Then you hear the barrett going off like 6 times as he no scopes some guy in the back of the head.

Jebus is also a mutant. I just run around with my assault rifles and shoot folks in the face. That or I'm using a light machinegun to shoot dudes through walls in the face.

run and gun with the sniper rifle. play every map with it. dont stop moving to get the perfect shot. just keep moving, stop, scope, fire, keep moving.

the scope step should take less than one second. if you cant do it, dont keep holding it, keep moving and try to move yourself into a better position for the shot. use acog scope and m40, no other combo. perk 3 has to be steady aim, and if you're playing anything but hardcore, perk 2 needs to be stopping power. Give it a full night of playing (4 hour or more) and then come back and tell me you dont feel like a god pwning n00bs. With the m40 and acog it's one shot kills anywhere on the opponent.

on PSN people think i cheat, but steady aim + acog = ftw. m40 + acog + stopping power = 1 shot kills. The rest is just practice. Steady aim works even better on the Xbox 360 since the aim assist is even more pronounced.

I have to agree with this 100%. I hate using sniper rifles.. but M40 with acog is retarded. If I pick one up I do work with it every time. I generally use the M4 + steady aim + stopping power (thing takes a full 30 shots to kill in regular w/o it). The M4 is so steady i can just no scope 90 of my kills like I'm using a P90 or Ak74u.

What sensitivity levels do you guys use? I play set at 7 on Ps3. I don't go any higher because If I use a Sub I can't control it easily.

I only play hardcore, so when I snipe with the dragunov it's always a one shot kill, unless they have last stand and I need to hit them again. I have uav jammer on each class. Steady aim and bomb squad on my silenced skorpion class, last stand and claymores on my m4 class. 3 frags and last stand on my shotgun class, 3 frags and steady aim on my saw class(sometimes I'll switch it to a double tap rpd), and claymores and last stand on my dragunov class.

i have 3 m40 classes. claymores bando or frags depending on the level and then steady aim and stopping power. I also keep M16 with frags stopping power and extreme condition and a shotgun with grip stopping power and extreme condition. I dont ever play hardcore if it wasnt obvious.

I can't stand to play non hardcore. I have a class set up for every map, but I'm best with the M4/red dot class. The silenced skorpion is becoming my new favorite though.

I can't stand to play non hardcore. I have a class set up for every map, but I'm best with the M4/red dot class. The silenced skorpion is becoming my new favorite though.

Try the M4 with the acog, since it wobbles around anyway you won't notice much difference. That is where the majority of my headshots come from.

M4 acog kicks so many kinds of ass with 3 frags, jammer and deep impact.

Skorpion silenced with bomb squad, uav jammer and dead silence = pure pwnage.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Mp5 silenced, but the silenced skorpion can be a makeshift sniper rifle because its kick back is basically non existant.

been called a hacker (before i found the m40) for hip shotting from the werehouse to the water tower with the silenced scorpion

My setups i normally use. (Hardcore Search)

MP5 - Red Dot
3 Frags
UAV Jammer
Deep Impact

M40a3 - Reg Scope (Sniper)
2x Claymores
UAV Jammer
Iron Lungs

W1200 (Pump Shotgun)
3 Frags
UAV Jammer
Steady Aim

chyeah, you gotta pick your shots and work on your timing. Holding your breath lasts 3-5 seconds, so keep that in mind. I use deep impact on all my sniping setups. I love being able to put a .50 cal round through the dozer on Ambush/Bog where people think they're safe.

Seriously though, try an mp5/p90/skorpion silenced with bomb squad, uav jammer and dead silence on then run around like a mad man. I guarantee you, unless you're playing a camping/glitching clan, that you'll be on the top of the list after the game.

Already changed it. I normally change setups a little between rounds. all depending on the map.

i play on PC, i picked up the game about a month ago. im kind of pissed though. i just got my full version of win7 and was in such a haste that i forgot to backup my game data. i was at level 50. i think my most recent save was at 39 :(

Back