Modern Warfare 3 Discussion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Anyway though, when was the M3 in a CoD game? All I can remember is the M1014 in both MW games, and then the W1200, and the AA-12, and then the old-fashioned shotguns...

Full reveal during the western conference finals game tomorrow night!

That would be a negative sir; one is pump/recoil and the other is gas operated.

the m3 I looked at was gas operated... the m4 is the same way, semi auto... just like it is in cod4 and mw2.

The M3 is not gas operated; even states it in their manual:
The "M3 SUPER 90" shotgun can operate in
two distinct modes: semi-automatic action,
based on fixed-barrel inertial operation
which uses the recoil's kinetic energy
(still
the most revolutionary principle embodied in
Benelli's weapons); or manual pump-action
designed in a straightforward and innovative
manner to be compatible with the former.

And their description for the M4:
The M4 shotgun is a semi-automatic, tubular magazine fed weapon
chambered for the 12 gauge (18.4 mm) shotshell cartridge. The operating
system employed in this weapon is the improved ARGO (Auto-
Regulating Gas Operated
) Twin (two gas pistons/cylinders/ports)
System with rotating bolt head with dual locking lugs.

Also their forearm grips are different; the M4 doesn't have a sliding grip, aka no pump possible. The "pump" mechanism would be in the way of the gas system.

I saw that video on XBL and was disappointed! I was hoping to see more. I thought maybe the different languages were different videos(like different videos for those regions), lol.

So I wonder if there will be any battles in 3thiopia? Or perhaps in Sw3d3n?

20110128203738!Trollface.png

Last edited:
Well I got a check for 50 bucks today for my Bday, I think ill be pre ordering it tomorrow. I'm looking forward to the story more than anything else I think.

The trailer is exciting, for sure, but I'll be even more excited when they release a trailer that actually shows a lot of gameplay footage, and some multiplayer footage. I mean, they don't really have cutscenes persay in CoD (I think most everything is rendered in-game), but still, most of the stuff in the trailer was clearly put together for the trailer.

When they actually release a mostly gameplay trailer, that's when I'll start to get pumped...

unless they have a new game engine, i dont' think the graphics will be much better. visually, they games have been pretty solid. I would just like to see it get a little better and smoother during the heavy actions sequences.

unless they have a new game engine, i dont' think the graphics will be much better. visually, they games have been pretty solid. I would just like to see it get a little better and smoother during the heavy actions sequences.

Yeah, I mean I'm expecting them to put a little polish on the graphics (like how they did between MW and MW2), but I'm not really expecting the graphics to be a huge leap forward like they will be for BF3. As long as they finish out the story strong and the multiplayer is solid and brings some cool new features with it, then I'll be satisfied...

EDIT: With all that said, the detail on the gun you can see briefly and the car that's being knocked around look pretty damn good, so I guess the potential is there for a slick-looking game...

Last edited:
Back