Modern Warfare 3 Discussion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i seen a few campaign gameplay scenes in the trailer.. looks good to me..

i only saw 3 in game scenes. one from a chopper, one from a hummer, and one from a boat. nothing from first person shooter. video always looks better than the real game. i really hate when they do that with car games. thats usually when they only use video and absolutely zero in game.

actually, after thinking about it more from working on a game for xbox, the guys who do the video have access to that usually before the gameplay is done. hence why there is more video than gameplay.

i only saw 3 in game scenes. one from a chopper, one from a hummer, and one from a boat. nothing from first person shooter.

There were a couple brief clips from first person view. There was one where another soldier tosses you a clip and the gun looks pretty decent...

dont feel like reading it.. . is it like the stats keeper that Bungie has??

Yeah, it will keep track of stats and allow you to review footage across multiple CoD games. It's set to launch with MW3 and will also support Black Ops. Supposedly it will also make finding groups and clans to play with easier, plus it will give you access to Activision-sanctioned competitions with the potential for real-life prizes.

There's also supposed to be all kinds of tutorials (on guns and maps) that will be available to paying members (probably not worth it if you're anything but a mouth-breather with horrible reflexes). The other perk is that paying members won't pay a seperate fee for map packs.

They haven't said exactly how much it will cost or what parts of it will be available for free yet. Apparently it's a completely optional side-service though (i.e. if you buy MW3 you can still play it online like everyone else; it's not a "pay to play" type deal), which is good. I was afraid they were going to announce a monthly subscription fee just to play the damn game.

At this point, I can't see myself paying for anything like this, but I guess I'll wait for more details before I decide...

Because Bungie provided the exact same thing completely free of charge I cannot see myself paying for it. I did sign up for the beta however. I am excited to see how it goes. It is cool to be able to pull up stats on the computer. Once this goes live you know all of us that play CoD will be talking shit and linking to stat profiles. That is exactly what they want us to do.

Well this is good news I suppose.

"@fourzerotwo: Lots of false #MW3 info being reported as fact. There is no Stopping Power, OMA, Commando, or Nukes. Beyond that, you’ll have to wait & see."

Just found this thread. I will be buying the game. Hopefully I will have more time to play by then. I am pretty much over black ops. I still play a bit, but I just am not as happy with it as I was with MWF2. I should not have traded it in towards black ops.

i bought the hardened edition of mw2.. thats the only reason i didnt trade mine in.. glad i didnt, i still play it

I should have clarified my earlier post. Fourzerotwo is Robert Bowling the community manager for "IW". For those who are not in the know

Looks like the base Elite service is free, but the premium stuff, that happens to include things people already pay for like map packs, is what cost money.

You know, if the cost for this thing is pretty equivalent to the cost of buying 2 map packs per year, then I might get it. I buy all the DLC anyway, so it might be worth it.

I signed up to beta this thing too. Hopefully I get in...

You know, if the cost for this thing is pretty equivalent to the cost of buying 2 map packs per year, then I might get it. I buy all the DLC anyway, so it might be worth it.

I signed up to beta this thing too. Hopefully I get in...

Yea I was looking at everything you get, and it looked like if you buy DLC then it may be worth it.

Back