Modern Warfare 3 Discussion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

One possible plus to the subscription based model is access to forums for paying members only? Any kind of subscription like this usually does a decent job of keeping the rift raff and 12 year olds out.

Some actual gameplay footage from E3: E3 2011: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Gameplay Demo Video - Xbox 360 - IGN

It looks...

...a lot like Modern Warfare 2...just with more explosions. It seems that rather than trying to innovate, they're just ramping the "Michael Bay factor" up to max. Kind of dissapointing, but I guess I don't really know what I was expecting.

Time will tell I guess...

I agree it looks just like MW2; but I know I wouldn't mind because that just means the graphics will be good and I'm really more interested in the story.

I guess Kotick finally got his wish, or at least part of it.

I guess Kotick finally got his wish, or at least part of it.

If they actually make it pay to play at some point, then I'll probably be done with CoD, especially if there's still plenty of other good, free alternatives (Killzone, Battlefield, Resistance, etc.). CoD multiplayer is fun for sure, but it's not some massive MMO. Basically it's just a question of dividing people in to lobbies for match-ups. I'm not paying a monthly fee for that "privilege"...

And it isn't like they are paying to host servers either. I would pay to play.

i will NOT pay for anything else on CoD. paying $60 for a game alone is already a swift kick in the balls. more than that, absolutely not.

I have a hard time even buying map packs... come on $15/each... that's another $30 after both dlc's on top of the 60$ game... halo map packs were 10$

i didn't buy them for mw2 but I did get the first strike maps only because I had a ms points card from a gift

Yeah, the map packs are a rip, but I've bought them all anyway. They help keep the game fresh for me...

I'm okay with map packs. However the moment they start charging real money for upgrades in game I am done. That's the direction I see this headed. look at facebook games and a lot of games for smart phones. In game purchases for upgrades are the standard.

I will stop playing if that happens. I like playing online, but I am not about to pay more than the xbox live price to play. I will never spend real money to buy something like a suppressor, or an extra mag. If game play is free and the upgrades cost money then I will just get very good with standard guns.

$60 for the game, $10 gor a month of live, $20 for one map pack. That's $90 and a big kick in the pants for anyone, the second they make you pay something extra, I'm out. I can go back to playing MW2, and battlefield for free. I'm willing to bet they will lose about 10-20% of their gamers if they decide to charge extra fees.

they will have a free version... they will also have a paid version that includes the map packs

Looks like I have to have the "expensive" version. Can they rip our pockets even deeper? F*uck you MS. $60/month and then sum. Wow! My PS3 is just collecting dust. Maybe I should pay more attention to it.

Looks like I have to have the "expensive" version. Can they rip our pockets even deeper? F*uck you MS. $60/month and then sum. Wow! My PS3 is just collecting dust. Maybe I should pay more attention to it.

$60 a month??? What version of Live are you subscribing to?

Anyway, you don't have to have the expensive version of Elite. There will be a free version, it just won't have quite as many features as the paid version. You'll be able to play MW3 online either way. They're not going to charge for online play. The Elite thing is an optional stats-tracking/matchmaking service like Halo's Waypoint service.

Anyhoo, I just got back from Best Buy. Pre-ordered MW3 and finally picked up a new PS3 controller. Just FYI, if anybody needs a new DualShock3 right now Best Buy has black and blue ones for $35...

It's not $60 at the retail store? Or is it $50? I look for ebay or amazon deals. PSN? :thumbsdown:

Back