Modguru is the name

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by corvetteguy+Feb 27 2005, 10:25 PM-->
@Feb 25 2005, 10:50 PM
You know what the prices are.. just do the numbers..

Planning to create 550BHP without nitrous.. on a 1035KG car !!!Buy buy US muscle
[post=466350]Quoted post[/post]​

By by US muscle ey?? You built a track car, not an everday driver..US muscle track cars would smoke that thing like there is no tommorow..I'll introduce to you some 9 second everyday driver Corvette guys....and i have seen 550whp imports who can barely run 11's which is pretty sad.....I;d wait till you get the thing up and running with time slips before you run your mouth ;)
[post=466819]Quoted post[/post]​

#First of all, this is not a Track car.. This car is completely streetlegal. And whats street legal in the US, doesn't have to be here in europe.

#Secondly, this car is set to comply to the by law obliged European road regulations and emission standards.

If your 9 second Vette guys can say that they're car can meet both points. I'm verry impressed

#The third thing I want to mention is that most American tuners forget that American and Import engines are completely difrent in design (long stroke vs short stroke)
If you treat a short stroke engine like a long stroke, I can imagine that the import racers build on the long stroke principal (like most US tuners do), won't do amazing things with 550BHP.

#My fourth point is that, engine capasity isn't everything. I will have a turbocharger on there that will give me 3bar (44psi), that means that with the engine capasity of 2,3Ltr will displace 6,9Ltr per stroke.

#The fifth point is, that US build engines are not build to rev high. The G-forces will restrict the engine to a max??? lets say 10.000rpm.
While my short stroke engine has a G-force limit of 20.000rpm.
So if a US build engine does one rev, mine does two. wich results in an displacement of 13,8Ltr.

#sixt point, GEARS.. You've got to do something with those high revs. The bigger the diffrence in the High revving (engine) end and the low revving end (wheels), the higher the forces will be to convert to the street.

====================================================

I know that a pure track dragger will smoke me with this car. If I've wanted to build one. I would have chosen another setup.

Currantly I'm limited on 10.000rpm deu to lack of the correct valvesprings and retarders. They cant be bought off the shelf wich restricts me at 550BHP.

But with a 150 shot of N2O, the car will do amazing things for european standards.

Oh yeah.. BMW has an 1,5Ltr engine wich can give 1500BHP if tuned correctly (1973)

used in the Brabham BT-50 F1 car

Originally posted by Modguru+Feb 28 2005, 09:09 AM-->
Originally posted by corvetteguy@Feb 27 2005, 10:25 PM
Modguru
@Feb 25 2005, 10:50 PM
You know what the prices are.. just do the numbers..

Planning to create 550BHP without nitrous.. on a 1035KG car !!!Buy buy US muscle
[post=466350]Quoted post[/post]​

By by US muscle ey?? You built a track car, not an everday driver..US muscle track cars would smoke that thing like there is no tommorow..I'll introduce to you some 9 second everyday driver Corvette guys....and i have seen 550whp imports who can barely run 11's which is pretty sad.....I;d wait till you get the thing up and running with time slips before you run your mouth ;)
[post=466819]Quoted post[/post]​

#First of all, this is not a Track car.. This car is completely streetlegal. And whats street legal in the US, doesn't have to be here in europe.

#Secondly, this car is set to comply to the by law obliged European road regulations and emission standards.

If your 9 second Vette guys can say that they're car can meet both points. I'm verry impressed

#The third thing I want to mention is that most American tuners forget that American and Import engines are completely difrent in design (long stroke vs short stroke)
If you treat a short stroke engine like a long stroke, I can imagine that the import racers build on the long stroke principal (like most US tuners do), won't do amazing things with 550BHP.

#My fourth point is that, engine capasity isn't everything. I will have a turbocharger on there that will give me 3bar (44psi), that means that with the engine capasity of 2,3Ltr will displace 6,9Ltr per stroke.

#The fifth point is, that US build engines are not build to rev high. The G-forces will restrict the engine to a max??? lets say 10.000rpm.
While my short stroke engine has a G-force limit of 20.000rpm.
So if a US build engine does one rev, mine does two. wich results in an displacement of 13,8Ltr.

#sixt point, GEARS.. You've got to do something with those high revs. The bigger the diffrence in the High revving (engine) end and the low revving end (wheels), the higher the forces will be to convert to the street.

====================================================

I know that a pure track dragger will smoke me with this car. If I've wanted to build one. I would have chosen another setup.

Currantly I'm limited on 10.000rpm deu to lack of the correct valvesprings and retarders. They cant be bought off the shelf wich restricts me at 550BHP.

But with a 150 shot of N2O, the car will do amazing things for european standards.

Oh yeah.. BMW has an 1,5Ltr engine wich can give 1500BHP if tuned correctly (1973)

used in the Brabham BT-50 F1 car
[post=467062]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm sorry, i don't consider a gutted out car with a full roll cage an everday driver.....any car with a full roll cage wouldn be considered a track car, on any car.....

As far as being street legal...build the car and show a passed emission sticker........show a time slip of under 11 seconds...and then you can talk all you want about any car in the entire world....

wow you guys have to rip the new guy a new ass.....and he's not even asking dumb Qs...... as far as the corvettguy go some where else to talk about your corvetts....(i like them) but its not HONDA so dont mention it.........it doesnt compare.....apples and oranges....both fruit but not the same taste.....

now to the sol...nice but i think that the way honda did the body work is the nicest looking....take that bumper and burn it and buy an oem unit with a nice lip...my 2c...nice ride....also go to the track...i would l;ove to see what it runs......

@ Vetteguy

The engine isn't ready yet..

I'll show the anual aproval when I am.. (cars are checked yearly if they are still complying the regulations over here..)

I wanted to compete in the Toyo King of Europe.. But I'm not somone who rushes things..
Programming the EMS will take time.

Originally posted by formby@Feb 28 2005, 05:52 PM
wow you guys have to rip the new guy a new ass.....and he's not even asking dumb Qs...... as far  as the corvettguy go some where else to talk about your corvetts....(i like them) but its not HONDA so dont mention it.........it doesnt compare.....apples and oranges....both fruit but not the same taste.....

now to the sol...nice but i think that the way honda did the body work is the nicest looking....take that bumper and burn it and buy an oem unit with a nice lip...my 2c...nice ride....also go to the track...i would l;ove to see what it runs......
[post=467094]Quoted post[/post]​

I was asking for it.. Do not mess with the American ego.. LOL

Neh.. I was wandering how long it took before I got flamed and trolled after making that remark..

And, stupid Q's do not exist.. Non nessecary do..

I will smoke the European tuned US cars over here..

But, when I got the right headwork. I'll considder taking my non N2O 1200BHP FWD streetlegal importracer to the US and try to smoke some US muscle ;)

OEM does not fit!!.. I got the currant laying around.. But I agree.. The are still not what I want..

I'm consentrating on engineering, not design..

Earodynamics will come later

Originally posted by Modguru@Feb 28 2005, 09:09 AM

don't forget about the 1-bar of atmosphere, thus, giving a 3-bar map a range of 2bar of positive boost.

you're going to have to score a 5-bar map sensor to do this... along with something that is capable of reading the voltage output of said sensor.

Originally posted by formby@Feb 28 2005, 10:52 AM
wow you guys have to rip the new guy a new ass.....and he's not even asking dumb Qs...... as far  as the corvettguy go some where else to talk about your corvetts....(i like them) but its not HONDA so dont mention it.........it doesnt compare.....apples and oranges....both fruit but not the same taste.....

[post=467094]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm not the one who says they are gonna smoke all American Muscle cars amigo....and people on this site own more then just hondas and acuras.Liker errr. BRIAN ..you gonan tell him to go post on Suburu boards???.So uhmm STFU??? .....Im gonna give anyone a tough time who says they are gonna beat this car and that car when their car is not even built up yet......

and besides i'm just giving this guy shit....i think he knows that..else he would be making comments back to me allot meaner then the nice replies he has been giving....

glad to see you guys take it like men.... i'm on tallyimports.com and they are ready to fight over stupid shit. ( they all live in tally too)
for the record, i like Hondaswap better.
all i can say is i'd nut if i had any 1 one you guys' cars.

Originally posted by corvetteguy+Feb 28 2005, 06:14 PM-->
I'm not the one who says they are gonna smoke all American Muscle cars amigo....and people on this site own more then just hondas and acuras.Liker errr. BRIAN  ..you gonan tell him to go post on Suburu boards???.So uhmm STFU??? .....Im gonna give anyone a tough time who says they are gonna beat this car and that car when their car is not even built up yet......

and besides i'm just giving this guy shit....i think he knows that..else he would be making comments back to me allot meaner then the nice replies he has been giving....
[post=467100]Quoted post[/post]​

LMAO,, I just made the remark just to poke at the proud muscle car owners.. Not to seriously put muscle cars down..

But.. Friends of mine are building a track only honda CRX(ED9) FWD Dragracer. Based on a 2litre B18..

They're hoping to beat the 9 second barrier

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 28 2005, 06:08 PM
Modguru
@Feb 28 2005, 09:09 AM

don't forget about the 1-bar of atmosphere, thus, giving a 3-bar map a range of 2bar of positive boost.

you're going to have to score a 5-bar map sensor to do this... along with something that is capable of reading the voltage output of said sensor.
[post=467099]Quoted post[/post]​

Don't worry.. Got F1 engineers as friends.. :worthy: (thats why I'm not boring you with stupid Q's)

The exhoust guy will even make me a inconel manifold. Metal used normally for making manifolds will melt on the first bend if I can rev @ 16/17K

The Turbo will hold :unsure:

Already got the right sensors and stuff, OEM sensors will not do the job

But you're right.. The EMS worry's me..

I'm working on the modified P28 ECU myself.. The EPROM will be exchanged for a computer with enough processing power..

The software I'm also designing will have AI.. So that it will give the engine the optimum parameters on every section in every gear..

Originally posted by Modguru+Feb 28 2005, 11:31 AM-->
Originally posted by corvetteguy@Feb 28 2005, 06:14 PM
I'm not the one who says they are gonna smoke all American Muscle cars amigo....and people on this site own more then just hondas and acuras.Liker errr. BRIAN  ..you gonan tell him to go post on Suburu boards???.So uhmm STFU??? .....Im gonna give anyone a tough time who says they are gonna beat this car and that car when their car is not even built up yet......

[post=467100]Quoted post[/post]​

LMAO,, I just made the remark just to poke at the proud muscle car owners.. Not to seriously put muscle cars down..

But.. Friends of mine are building a track only honda CRX(ED9) FWD Dragracer. Based on a 2litre B18..

They're hoping to beat the 9 second barrier

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 28 2005, 06:08 PM
Modguru
@Feb 28 2005, 09:09 AM

[post=467099]Quoted post[/post]​

Don't worry.. Got F1 engineers as friends.. :worthy: (thats why I'm not boring you with stupid Q's)

The exhoust guy will even make me a inconel manifold. Metal used normally for making manifolds will melt on the first bend if I can rev @ 16/17K

The Turbo will hold :unsure:

Already got the right sensors and stuff, OEM sensors will not do the job

But you're right.. The EMS worry's me..

I'm working on the modified P28 ECU myself.. The EPROM will be exchanged for a computer with enough processing power..

The software I'm also designing will have AI.. So that it will give the engine the optimum parameters on every section in every gear..
[post=467109]Quoted post[/post]​

Cars with AI....can you say I Robot....your car is gonna try to kill you

Originally posted by corvetteguy@Feb 28 2005, 06:54 PM

Cars with AI....can you say I Robot....your car is gonna try to kill you
[post=467126]Quoted post[/post]​

How?? By over revving the engine? the clutch is still mechanical :p

LOL... Hehe.. Not hat level of AI hehehe..

But, when I got the right headwork. I'll considder taking my non N2O 1200BHP FWD streetlegal importracer to the US and try to smoke some US muscle icon_wink.gif

I'm have never researched on what it takes to make that kind of power, but how would you make a street legal 1200bhp 4 banger. It would need to run on pump gas to be street legal, right? It seems that there would be too much pressure in the combustion chamber for pump gas.

17,000 rpm?

you're seriously on crack.

EVEN IF there was valve train able to handel that...
EVEN IF there was an ignition system FAST enough to spark each cyl. correctly at that high of an rpm...
EVEN IF there is a tuner who is good enough to TUNE that high of an rpm...
EVEN IF there was an H23 Rod that would hold that rpm
EVEN IF there was a head stud that will hold all of that together on 44 psi

you're going to blow up... if it ever runs at all.
prove me wrong. I'd love to see it. I just think you're asking way too much.

17,000 rpm?

EVEN IF there was an ignition system FAST enough to spark each cyl. correctly at that high of an rpm...

:werd:

I don't see how that setup would work either.

Originally posted by b16coupe+Feb 28 2005, 10:16 PM-->
But, when I got the right headwork. I'll considder taking my non N2O 1200BHP FWD streetlegal importracer to the US and try to smoke some US muscle icon_wink.gif

I'm have never researched on what it takes to make that kind of power, but how would you make a street legal 1200bhp 4 banger. It would need to run on pump gas to be street legal, right? It seems that there would be too much pressure in the combustion chamber for pump gas.
[post=467232]Quoted post[/post]​

Nope,

Special map for road use and race.. Just kill the engine, remap by toggeling a switch and restart.

It is proven that you can make 1500BHP with a 1.5 litre 4 banger,, So why not 1200 with a 2.3??

pissedoffsol
@Feb 28 2005, 10:29 PM
17,000 rpm?

[post=467236]Quoted post[/post]​

Like I sead, I've got F1 engineers as friends.

The valvetrain is currantly limited by the springs and retarders (floating valves)

Each cylinder will have a seperate ignition system, electronicly timed.

No worry on the tuner bit.. I've seen my friends tune a 3,2litre V10 NA engine that breaks 960BHP..

Do not worry about my engineering problems, theyre mine and I will show results this summer.. Even if its a pic of a blown up engine..'

Originally posted by reckedracing@Feb 28 2005, 11:45 PM
that 1.5 liter ran 5 BAR of boost, and had a fuel mixture consisting of 86% toluene...
[post=467276]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah??? :blink: mine will run on 4 and have the same 120RON fuel as they had..

And they also ran it @ 45psi but revved @ 12.000

i hope you gots lots of money for toluene based fuel to prevent detonation...

cars looks nice and i wanna see the end result...

come slay some vettes :)
lol

edit:uhm.... what sleeves and rods are you gonna use to hold 4 bar?

Originally posted by reckedracing@Feb 28 2005, 11:58 PM
i hope you gots lots of money for toluene based fuel to prevent detonation...

cars looks nice and i wanna see the end result...

come slay some vettes   :)
lol

edit:uhm.... what sleeves and rods are you gonna use to hold 4 bar?
[post=467287]Quoted post[/post]​

Fuel no problem.. Mail fuel tank will hold 98RON gasoline, generally every station has this in Holland.

And it actually isn't that much.. About $8,- for a litre (you pay $2,- for a litre of normal gasoline over here)

Small tank with racing fuel will be used when I switch over to the other map automaticly.

Custom bleuprinted internals.. B) Darton sleeve's

The actual reason of building this car is that import cars are considered the underdog. FWD in particular.

Back