Modifying a Sway Bar

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MrTokai

Story is that I was given front n rear sway bars a while ago and only dragged my ass into gear to put em on yesterday. I got a 92 SI hatch, so i figure, take off the stock front n replace it with the much thicker, much more ridgid new one...simple...

turns out that it almost, but not quite fits...might be for an integra or a prelude or something...I guess pics woulda been useful, but i was in a state of rage and i didn't even think about it...

The sway bars only differ by a couple of bends and i know a few good machining shops around, so i was wondering if it would b a possibility to modify it a little to fit...would this compromise the integrity of the bar? has anyone had an experience like this before? can anyone offer any good suggestions?

also...if anyone can tell me how the rear is supposed to go on, that'd be great...SI's don't come with stock rear sway bars, so I can't really figure it out myself!

thanx...

I can tell you how the rear one goes on. There are two brackets that should have come with the bar. THey bolt on to the rear subframe, near the mounting points for the LCAs. you'll see two holes on each side - go out and buy some nuts and bolts that are appropriately sized. The endlinks attach to the LCAs, but only if they are threaded for it. If not, you have two options: buy an integra's LCAs, or drill holes in your current LCAs. A few people on the board have tried the latter, do a search for some pics.

Back