Mods Vs Power?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b16hatch

Ok heres the deal , Im gettin a insurance settlement check in the next or so and here is some parts i picked out and wanted ure opinions , Ok first the mods i already have.

Aem cai
chickara tq step header
Thermal R&D piping , to a Apexi Muffler
STR fuel rail
MSD igntion and coil
ACT clutch
SS

Mods im buying

Skunk2 stage 2 cams
Port Flow springs and reatainers
AEBS intake manifold
PnP head
Spoon Sports ECU
US Spec Teg Type-R pistons with o rings

Thats basically a type-r head with mroe aggressive cams and spoon sports ecu. With the mods i already have and the mods im adding i was thinking that would put some where in the 180-190 whp, what do you guys think a set up like that will throw to the ground.

you may want to take the money for the spoon ecu and just get your car professionally tuned so its custom for your setup

Originally posted by reckedracing@Mar 30 2005, 12:38 PM
you may want to take the money for the spoon ecu and just get your car professionally tuned so its custom for your setup
[post=480733]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm with you on this one bro, take the money and rock Uberdata or Hondata
the Spoon Ecu is probably fake.

You may touch 180, but I don't see you getting much further. A little more displacement would help a lot. And yea, ditch the Spoon ECU idea, get something you can tune to your individual motor.

Im gonna ditch the spoon ecu. However i dont see how i cant get 180 with that setup .ive got a friend makin 168 with skunk2"s itr manifold i/h/e and cam gears. i thought the pnp was good for atleast 20. Anyway im gettin a zex kit instead of the spoon ecu

Originally posted by b16hatch@Mar 30 2005, 02:26 PM
Ok heres the deal , Im gettin a insurance settlement check in the next or so and here is some parts i picked out and wanted ure opinions , Ok first the mods i already have.

Aem cai
chickara tq step header
Thermal R&D piping , to a Apexi Muffler
STR fuel rail
MSD igntion and coil
ACT clutch
SS

Mods im buying

Skunk2 stage 2 cams
Port Flow springs and reatainers
AEBS intake manifold
PnP head
Spoon Sports ECU
US Spec Teg Type-R pistons with o rings

Thats basically a type-r head with mroe aggressive cams and spoon sports ecu. With the mods i already have and the mods im adding i was thinking that would put some where in the 180-190 whp, what do you guys think a set up like that will throw to the ground.
[post=480726]Quoted post[/post]​

i dont see anything over 180 to the wheels. i give you 180 tops because ofthe cams... they are decent sized. a port and polish isn't going to give you huge gains. basically you are upping the compression a hair, and you have bolt ons. the fuel rail and ignition stuff are getting you precisely nothing.

you should just buy an LS block and put some CTR pistons in that. I added an LS block to my b16 and got an instant 30 ft lbs of torque and like 20 whp. and that was for around 700 bucks.. all OEM honda internals...

check out my web page and read about my old del sol.. it may give you some ideas.

Back