Molding your own interior "box" question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nofxSOHCcrx

Alright. So I'm curious if anyone on here has made there own custom interior for their systems. I'm talking actual non-removable stereo "box", that molds into the interior. If there is anyone, do you have pics? Is there a thread you've already posted so I can check it out? I would love to do this too my own car, but just not sure on how to do it. Is it made from wood first, and then fiberglassed, or just fiberglass. I have no clue, so that's why I'm asking. Any info appreciated. Thanks.

I don't want anything "flashy". I just don't like where my stock speakers sit in my rex. I would like to put them a little further down, forward, and into the side of the car. I guess I worded my question like I wanted to put some huge fantastical system in my car. More like I just want to put some 6x9's in the back, but remove the stock placement, and more like if there were doors in the back, they would be in the doors.

I wouldn't do it, of sounds like an ass load of work for no gain, actually a loss imo.

Heh. Maybe. I'll have a friend mock something up in photoshop, but most likely, you've done a nice job talking me out of it lol. Probably is a lot of work just to a be a tad bit different.

Using your brain FTW.

Check out the imagedynamics forum. They have a few well documented, well done installs by those guys and others.

Or try looking at diymobileaudio and searching for accord installs. I think its 98-2001(+?) accords that have removable lower door panels ( bottom half ), so lots of guys remove that and replace it to do custom stuff.

Its not a dumb idea either, anything to create a more equal path-length difference between the front speakers and the driver yields a better image. Thats why people move to the kick area - to minimize "plds".

Back