Mommy cancels World of Warcraft account.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

That's fine if you're dissaproving of homosexuals, I just didn't understand your extreme response. Are you coming from a conservative religious background here, or what? Where's the hatred for gays coming from?

I don't know. The first time I ever saw 2 guys kissing the instinct was "this is weird, wrong, and I want to kick their ass" and that's just how I've viewed the issue since.

And for the record, yes, I'm from Texas, home of the bible-nuts and conservatives, however this does not by any means dictate who I am as I have questioned everything and came up with my own views. You could say I fit in with some of the "Texas" stereotypes, but not 100% and if I lived in New England being brought up differently, these are the same views I would have ended up with because they're entirely my own based on what I've gathered. I'm not swayed by anyone as far as my core beliefs go without some kind of outstanding event that would change something.

And to the guy with the closet comment, I love the pussy, and have no idea why I can't tolerate queers it's just the way I am. Is there something you absolutely can't stand to see on someone's Civic? Like a big ricey wing? You know the way so many folks on here will post nasty comments on pictures of riced out civics? It's like that sort of thing, not some gigantic issue that's always on my mind.

LEE ROY JENKINS!!! That was funny.

And for the tantrum....it is possible it was real...and possible it was fake.

He was pissed off though...and the remote up the butt was hilarious. The brother
either set it up perfectly and has amazing timing or it was all fake

I don't know. The first time I ever saw 2 guys kissing the instinct was "this is weird, wrong, and I want to kick their ass" and that's just how I've viewed the issue since.

And to the guy with the closet comment, I love the pussy, and have no idea why I can't tolerate queers it's just the way I am. Is there something you absolutely can't stand to see on someone's Civic? Like a big ricey wing? You know the way so many folks on here will post nasty comments on pictures of riced out civics? It's like that sort of thing, not some gigantic issue that's always on my mind.

never really bothers me to see two guys kissing, i watched that odd show Greek a couple of days ago. there was a part where a black guy and a white guy just start going at it. (interracial love there too) and it didnt even cross my mind about anything being wrong.

but its racer, you can come out here, i'll help you along the way to accept your true self.
Im sure injen will be MORE than happy to help too. (although, he may try to speed things along a bit with some spit and lube)
but we'll all keep him at bay.
come on, the pink side needs some more scratchers.

lol. i kid i kid.

And for the record, yes, I'm from Texas, home of the bible-nuts and conservatives, however this does not by any means dictate who I am as I have questioned everything and came up with my own views. You could say I fit in with some of the "Texas" stereotypes, but not 100% and if I lived in New England being brought up differently, these are the same views I would have ended up with because they're entirely my own based on what I've gathered. I'm not swayed by anyone as far as my core beliefs go without some kind of outstanding event that would change something.

How do you know that you haven't been swayed by your environment though? Have you ever lived elsewhere?

Im sure injen will be MORE than happy to help too. (although, he may try to speed things along a bit with some spit and lube)
but we'll all keep him at bay.
come on, the pink side needs some more scratchers.

:lmao: poor gay injen

oh shit, racer, you better go fast, because injen has a remote.

i think he believes you can come out of the closet with a push of a button and a small grunt/moan.

lmao.

The hard core stuff, though, is designed from the ground up to hook you and keep you. For one thing, you need 40 people (well you did in my day, it's 25 people now) working together at the same time to get anything done. That in itself is a feat; 40 people need to get their real life schedules synchronized and be available for several hours.

Therein lies the social pressure... The things you're doing as a group require absolute precision from every single person... you've got 39 other people counting on you, and all 39 of them literally can't play without you there.

And of course it's designed that way. You have to sit down and actually study the tactics and procedures your group will be performing beforehand. Everyone has a specific job that must be performed with perfect timing and precision or the whole group dies.

Welcome to WoW.
Imagine if the WoW crowd spent half their gamer time in a bar or pumpkin patch... one of them might actually get laid.

Pumpkin Patch?:wtf:

Shit... THIS was my 500th post... What a maroon:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yea,Was it in the movie or a HS convo? if that was a convo on here anywhere near its release I was still saying F Hondas.

As a recovering WoW addict, I can tell you it's the accumulated time, effort, the loot, and the social pressure. The game is built to cater to both casual and hard core players... The casual game (early quests, 5 man instances, etc) really doesn't have any addictive qualities; you could play it, put it down, and never come back if you wanted to.

The hard core stuff, though, is designed from the ground up to hook you and keep you. For one thing, you need 40 people (well you did in my day, it's 25 people now) working together at the same time to get anything done. That in itself is a feat; 40 people need to get their real life schedules synchronized and be available for several hours.

Therein lies the social pressure... The things you're doing as a group require absolute precision from every single person... you've got 39 other people counting on you, and all 39 of them literally can't play without you there.

And of course it's designed that way. You have to sit down and actually study the tactics and procedures your group will be performing beforehand. Everyone has a specific job that must be performed with perfect timing and precision or the whole group dies.

Add to the fact that that's just before you play. You've got hours to go actually doing your job, which requires total concentration the whole time. Even then, failure is common, and when you finally do succeed as a group, this only gives you a chance to progress your character. You have to raid as often as possible just to get a shot to progress in tiny amounts. So you're doing this almost nightly, or at least several times a week. Hours and hours spent studying, practicing, playing, and repeating. All with this social pressure of not wanting to let dozens of people down. Now all your time is spent working your ass off to keep everyone happy, for just a chance to get a tiny bit better, and you've got to keep doing it over and over.

Welcome to WoW.

Quoting myself, but today's Penny Arcade sums up what I was trying to say perfectly:

20090629.jpg

Tycho said:
This is something we consider quite often: how massively multiplayer online role-playing games create a vortex of social musts whose wicked gravities are almost impossible to avoid. ... To say that one's responsibilities the game's key roles are non-trivial hardly contains the idea. Your presence literally makes the game possible at the highest echelons of difficulty.

Last edited:
Back