Money Order?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

StealthMode

Kung Foolin'
How does one go about depositing a money order? I imagine you just take it to the bank and deposit it? Does USPS offer money order service? I put my iPAQ up on CraigsList, and got an offer for it, so I just want to make sure.

if its USPS you should just be able to cash it depending on the amount...

you can deposit any money order like a check but watch out for bogus ones...

i think USPS money orders have been counterfeited lately...

Quoted post[/post]]
if its USPS you should just be able to cash it depending on the amount...

you can deposit any money order like a check but watch out for bogus ones...

i think USPS money orders have been counterfeited lately...

w3rd. At the bank the other day, they were just talking about counterfeit money orders becoming an increasing problem.

Ok, well it seems pretty legit, but I'll still be careful. I sent an email back saying that he is welcome to stop by my house and bring cash, otherwise, I won't ship the item until the money is safely deposited.

deposited AND cleared...

i would take it to the bank or company that created it...

if its USPS i would go straight there, otherwise who knows how long before they actually discover that it is fake and go rip the money back out of your account...

You can deposit it at USPS? I thought you would have to take it to the bank. Would I just go to any Post Office?

if its a USPS money order, they check the check number on it to make sure its a legit number and not counterfeited before they cash it for you.

Oh, so USPS would be the ones cashing it then. Ok I get it now. :iamaretard: Well, either way I told him that I'm not even gonna begin to ship it until the money goes through.

yup. same goes with a Western Union money orders too. id do the same, make sure the money order goes through THEN ship it to the buyer.

I've never been paid with one. I know how to go get one. I know it's common sense, and this thread is just reassuring for me. I just want to be safe than sorry.

YEA, YOU CAN;T DEPOSIT AT usps but you can make sure its legit, and if its not too much they should cash it for you...

Why does this thread have 14 replies? Take it to the fucking bank.

no, good reply. take it to the bank, go to the counter inside, and cash it. if its real, you get your money. if its not you dont and you dont ship shit to the scumbag who tried to scam you. id would have been a bad reply if he said, go deposit it in the atm.

no, good reply. take it to the bank, go to the counter inside, and cash it. if its real, you get your money. if its not you dont and you dont ship shit to the scumbag who tried to scam you. id would have been a bad reply if he said, go deposit it in the atm.

hmmm, lets run through this scenerio...
you go to cash a money order...
it looks genuine as good counterfeits are intended to...
the teller is not familiar with the bank that issued the money order, or is not familiar with the fraud scams using USPS money orders that appear real...
if you have a bank account you are asked to put your account number on the back of the money order...
if you have no account you are asked for ID, and usually required to place a thumb print on the front of the financial instrument...

the teller lets the fraduleunt money order go through and gives you cash...
you think its a done deal, you got cash, you ship the item...

2-3 weeks later the item is returned to the bank as being counterfeit...
if you had an account they will simply deduct the funds from your account, its not their problem...
if you did not have an account then they will start looking for you to recoup their loss...

i would highly advise you confirm its authenticity or cash it at the issueing financial institution to avoid situations like the above scenerio...

you wanna just "cash" it then go ahead, but don't be suprised when your bank account is lower, or they come knocking on your door...
and if you did cash a counterfeit USPS money order then may god have mercy on your soul...

Back