Money Order?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

my proof...
these can come back as much as 2 months later and the post office can demand repayment from the bank, and the bank can hold the casher liable for the funds...

so like i said, WORST ADVICE EVER...

When a person cashes one of the fake money orders, Waters said, they are responsible for repaying the money they receive.
"It's almost impossible to catch the scammers," Waters said. "They're like ghosts."

Scammers spark Internet conversations, then ask the victim to cash money orders and then wire the money so they can pay for a sick family member's medical care. Victims tend to be the elderly, Martin said.

Many victims cash the fake money orders at banks or credit unions. Postal officials suggest people bring postal money orders to their local post office because workers are trained to identify counterfeit money orders.
http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll...363/1002/NEWS01

Question: Our customer deposited 4 US Postal Money Orders on 12/13/04. Today 2/16/05, we received 3 of the Money Orders returned as counterfeit items. What is the Bank's responsibility for these items? Can we return them late for reclamation, as they were returned after the midnight deadline? Does our customer have any recourse?

Answer by Randy Carey: There is no midnight deadline on Postal Money Orders. Here are the rules for reclamation:

"The postmaster general has the right to demand refund from the presenting bank of the amount of a paid money order if, after payment, the money order is found to be stolen, or to have a forged or unauthorized endorsement, or to contain any material defect or alteration not discovered on examination. Such right includes, but is not limited to, the right to make reclamation of the amount by which a genuine money order with a proper and authorized endorsement has been raised. Such right must be exercised within a reasonable time after the postmaster general discovers that the money order is stolen, bears a forged or unauthorized endorsement, or is otherwise defective."
http://www.bankersonline.com/security/guru...sec040405a.html

Yeah I'll DEFINITELY take it to USPS and have them take a look at it after I get it.

find out where the money order came from, call the bank on the money order to see if it legit. deposit it in your bank and wait for it to clear then ship off product

Quoted post[/post]]
Yeah I'll DEFINITELY take it to USPS and have them take a look at it after I get it.
is it going to be a usps money order?

For once, I'm 100% with Recked on this one. Same is to be said for Western Union money orders, they don't care if you have it deposited into your account because they're not the ones held responsible when the money is later removed. This is commonly referred to as the nigerian scams that are all over the internet.

Quoted post[/post]]
is it going to be a usps money order?

Yeah it is.

What do you guys think about this?
Hello, Thanks alot for the response..since the item is working perfectly i will like to make an immediate payment for the item now .
my mode of payment is via usps money order..i want your to send me your full name and address for the payment if the mode is accepted by you.

And i will like to inform you that i want to send this item to my nephew in overs.And am reday to offer you $350.00

also i want you to understand that i have an account with fedex red starcourier service so i will be make shipping arrangment through the service .all shipping cost and document will be handle by me so you dont have to pay for any shipping amount .or stree your self .

Thanks Regards.
Marry Wills

I was only asking $200, although I did pay about $400 for it new. Anyone know if FedEx RedStar Courier service is legit? I'm trying to search for it on the internet.

:wtf: One of the first things that comes up when I search is a thing about Nigeria!
http://allafrica.com/stories/200512220331.html

The email address that I replied to is: marry4@freedom.usa.com. I don't want to be too apprehensive, but all this talk about scams has started to kinda worry me. I don't want to encounter a problem. This is the second response I've gotten via CraigsList that said they will send a USPS money order....:hmm: :shrug2:

take the money order and go to usps and cash it then, but tell them you want it checked. This sounds fishy as hell, more than you are asking for? Send to someone else? ya Id tell them send it then wait and see

Quoted post[/post]]
Hello, Thanks alot for the response..since the item is working perfectly i will like to make an immediate payment for the item now .
my mode of payment is via usps money order..i want your to send me your full name and address for the payment if the mode is accepted by you.

And i will like to inform you that i want to send this item to my nephew in overs.And am reday to offer you $350.00

also i want you to understand that i have an account with fedex red starcourier service so i will be make shipping arrangment through the service .all shipping cost and document will be handle by me so you dont have to pay for any shipping amount .or stree your self .

Thanks Regards.
Marry Wills

I was only asking $200, although I did pay about $400 for it new. Anyone know if FedEx RedStar Courier service is legit? I'm trying to search for it on the internet.

:wtf: One of the first things that comes up when I search is a thing about Nigeria!
http://allafrica.com/stories/200512220331.html

The email address that I replied to is: marry4@freedom.usa.com. I don't want to be too apprehensive, but all this talk about scams has started to kinda worry me. I don't want to encounter a problem. This is the second response I've gotten via CraigsList that said they will send a USPS money order....:hmm: :shrug2:
I work in a shipping department and have never heard of Fedex Red Star courier service, so I called my Fedex driver just now and he never heard of that level of service either and he works for fedex, so i called my Fedex Rep and he told me that they dont have a service called Red Star, nor do they have a personal courier service.
so my friend that is a scam and do yourself a favor and DO NOT SELL TO THIS PERSON!!!!!!!!

Ya, if they send you a money order for $2,000 and want you to give them back $1,000 and you keep a $1,000 for your "troubles", run! LOL

Quoted post[/post]]
How does one go about depositing a money order? I imagine you just take it to the bank and deposit it? Does USPS offer money order service? I put my iPAQ up on CraigsList, and got an offer for it, so I just want to make sure.

Sign it like you would a normal check and take it to your bank.

did you read the first page???
jesus...

well, at least you know its a scam now and can keep trying to sell it elsewhere...

Quoted post[/post]]
did you read the first page???
jesus...

well, at least you know its a scam now and can keep trying to sell it elsewhere...

Yes. But I felt like answering the question anyway. What the fuck is the problem here? :dunno:

Back