1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More Aerodynamic mirrors

Discussion in 'Body / Exterior / Interior / Cosmetics' started by awptickes, Nov 9, 2007.

1. awptickes

awptickes unimpressed by you VIP

I've got a 99 EJ9, it's pretty much the same body as the EJ6, but for the purposes of this post, let's assume it's a barebones EJ6.

I'm looking for some pointers towards more aerodynamic side view mirrors. My Current mirrors are the HUGE shovel-sized manual mirrors. I've seen a lot of replacements, but I was wondering if they'd actually help the cause.

I saw these while looking for some:
    eBay Motors: 96-00 HONDA CIVIC 2D/ OEM RIGHT POWER SIDE MIRROR 98 99 (item 180177992317 end time Nov-10-07 17:32:52 PST)

I'd like to stay away from anything "Ricey" or the "m3 style mirrors". I'm pretty sure the internal mirrors are illegal here, so no go on those. What prompted this was me driving entirely too fast in the rain, and my mirrors started to fold back, not good on the autobahn. ;)

2. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

Every aftermarket mirror I have worked with has been miserable at high speeds, and they shake so much you can't see anything.

i would hybrid: Look into MB mirrors or even motorcycle mirrors. Also, Signal sells a lightweight drift mirror that's decent. (It's not good looking, but it's functional)

3. knuteiriktveiten

knuteiriktveiten New Member

i bought some ebay special "spoon" mirrors and they are great and ive gotten the car up to about 140

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted