More Aerodynamic mirrors

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

awptickes

unimpressed by you
VIP
I've got a 99 EJ9, it's pretty much the same body as the EJ6, but for the purposes of this post, let's assume it's a barebones EJ6.

I'm looking for some pointers towards more aerodynamic side view mirrors. My Current mirrors are the HUGE shovel-sized manual mirrors. I've seen a lot of replacements, but I was wondering if they'd actually help the cause.

I saw these while looking for some:
eBay Motors: 96-00 HONDA CIVIC 2D/ OEM RIGHT POWER SIDE MIRROR 98 99 (item 180177992317 end time Nov-10-07 17:32:52 PST)

I'd like to stay away from anything "Ricey" or the "m3 style mirrors". I'm pretty sure the internal mirrors are illegal here, so no go on those. What prompted this was me driving entirely too fast in the rain, and my mirrors started to fold back, not good on the autobahn. ;)

Every aftermarket mirror I have worked with has been miserable at high speeds, and they shake so much you can't see anything.

i would hybrid: Look into MB mirrors or even motorcycle mirrors. Also, Signal sells a lightweight drift mirror that's decent. (It's not good looking, but it's functional)

Back