more bang for my buck......

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TeamUrbanChaos

Certified H22 Super-tech
ok its about spring time and i had my turbo project all set to go but i been talkin to some JDM guru's and the thought of nitrous sounded pretty good, almost as good as turboing it. basically im lookin for the best way to make some serious horsepower without breaking the bank... i mean there are turbo kits out there for like $700.00 but thats not including install and other parts i might need. nitrous is somewhat cheaper and probably a little less stressful on my motor and its probably alot safer on stock internals. also i need to kno whats better for this motor? high compression and forced induction i heard dont mix so what about high compression and funny gas?? also dry-or-wet?? lemme kno what u guys think!! :D

I don't know about less stressful..

and as with a turbo, you are going to need to be able to flow more fuel when the nitrous hits.

nitrous baby!!! thats what i use on my h22 on stock internals and im good....75shot but im running so rich i can hit 100shots with out a problem but i dont wana kill my motor so fast so i usually dont!!! fuck turbo use the funny gas!

:moved:

If you're only going to use it at the track, nitrous might be cheaper- but if you're going to be spraying all the time, the bottle fills will start catching up to you pretty quick. I would add a turbocharger. The stock block can handle 350whp without any problems.

nitrous all day......turbo 24/7

Originally posted by Calesta@Feb 28 2005, 11:51 AM
I would add a turbocharger. The stock block can handle 350whp without any problems.
[post=467123]Quoted post[/post]​

That's what I'm talking about :)

so i could run up to about 350HP with the stock internals? that fuckin awesome that means i could get a kit and run like 25 lbs of boost~~ j/k
what about the high ass compression? that cant be too good to run that much pressure on

It wouldn't take anywhere near 25psi... just size your turbo properly and TUNE the engine well. The compression really isn't that high.

Nitrous would be ok for track use but it is definatley no less stressful. I ran nitrous for a couple of years on my civic and overall I was not to happy with it for several reasons. I was running a 50 shot so the power was pretty good but it sucked cause I didnt have an auto bottle opener and my tank was in the trunk so anytime I wanted to use it I had to get out of the car and open the bottle (you cant leave the bottle open cause it will slowly leak all of your nitrous out). There were other reasons like not being able to use it under heavy load, at low RPMs, on hills cause you risk puddling and blowing your intake manifold, fouling plugs when the nitrous runs out, and having to fill the bottle once a week at $30+ a fill. So all this said I went turbo and I am 100% happier. I went with a big enough turbo so it does not spool up if I am driving light and when I really want to get on it the power kick is pretty sick. The power is always on, plus you can easily get 100 whp out of that motor with good tuning (hondata, uberdata, aem...) it will probably be pretty reliable too. My NX nitrous setup cost me about a $1000 with bottle warmer and would have cost an additional $300 for an auto opener, a turbo is more expensive initially my kit ran me $2200 w/o install and fuel management but overall I am pleased with the end result.

Back