more code trouble

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

LOS222

Just finished my h22 swap in a 96 accord and I'm getting code 36. Anybody out there know what this code is and what I need to do to get it fixed? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks, Carlos

if i remember right code 36 is a jdm code. from the 4ws h22 ecu. it is a soft code and does not trip the check engine light until a "hard" code is brought up. are you throwing any other codes?

Yes, this is a JDM engine. I'm also throwing code 1 (O2 sensor) What do I need to do? Is there any place that has what JDM codes are? Is code JDM code 1 the same as USDM code 1?

Originally posted by LOS222@Oct 7 2003, 09:31 AM
Is code JDM code 1 the same as USDM code 1?

Yes.

Do you have an O2 sensor that you know is working that you can plug in and test? Most likely it's an old or busted sensor. Did you lengthen the sensor wires at all? If so, it could be a bad wiring job.

One of my o2 sensors looks like it kinda melted one of the connectors since it was so close to the exhaust. Were gonna try a different o2 sensor today and see if that's the problem. But what about code 36? What does that mean?

Back