More fun with cars

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Periculum

I cleaned and replaced my EGR valve this past week and now my speedometer and odometer do not work. all other parts of the gauge cluster still work. Im getting a code for the speedometer system as well. I dont think I knocked anything lose while I was working, but who knows. Any ideas what the most likely possibilities are?

My assumption is that I knocked something lose while I was pulling on the EGR electrical connection to take it off. Problem is, I just dont know which one is the speedometer cable and where all its connections are. Its something I had to have done while working on the EGR valve, because it worked fine before and doesnt work at all after. If you can describe which cable the speedometer is, that would be very much appreciated.

ps, dont even know what the VSS is.

VSS = vehicle speed sensor

If it's broken, your speedometer can't measure speed or distance. I don't know exactly where the speedometer cable sits on your car... check your service manual.

my guess is your didn't put the VSS plug on all the way. The last 2 times I had to take it off, I didn't put it on all the way.

Thanks for the help guys, It just so happened one of my friends had a similar problem and all that happened was that the cable had come up out of place and just needed to be pushed back.

Back