More "humane" treating of Guantanimo detainees

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Afghanistan torture is far more civil.

They don't fear pain, and torture - And we lessen ourselves by doing it. What they do respond to, it turns out, is psychological warfare. So be it.

Rather see this than us hooking them to electrified bed springs anyday.

-> Steve

Talk, Damn you !

I don't know whether to laugh or laugh hard.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jan 29 2005, 11:37 AM
[post=453070]Quoted post[/post]​

Some people say that when they see a person choke on their own blood as their head is sliced off ya know.

Originally posted by FFCiv@Jan 30 2005, 10:56 AM
I dont see a problem with that shit
[post=453368]Quoted post[/post]​

But you see a problem with beheadings?

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Jan 30 2005, 12:21 PM
they are prisoners of war and should be treated accordingly
[post=453388]Quoted post[/post]​

Works both ways.

Originally posted by Sabz5150+Jan 29 2005, 06:15 PM-->
@Jan 29 2005, 11:37 AM

Some people say that when they see a person choke on their own blood as their head is sliced off ya know.
[post=453089]Quoted post[/post]​

Are you really trying to compare getting lapdances from prison gaurds to murder? Wow, you really do have issues.

:werd:
That reply had such little intelligence behind it, that I chose to ignore it. I bet he's going to preach now about their beliefs and shit, even though that their religion also forbids murder.

im not down for war...but i am down for finding alturnate methods around obsiticales... so if they like torture and pain...dress them up as school gurls and if that is what it takes to makes them talk then so be it

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Jan 30 2005, 07:19 PM-->
Originally posted by Sabz5150@Jan 29 2005, 06:15 PM
92b16vx
@Jan 29 2005, 11:37 AM

[post=453089]Quoted post[/post]​

Are you really trying to compare getting lapdances from prison gaurds to murder? Wow, you really do have issues.
[post=453542]Quoted post[/post]​

To them, certain things are worse than death. They would rather be ground into meat than have menstrual blood smeared on them. Fake or not.

Just because it doesn't bother US doesn't mean it works the same way for all people.

What is a joke for a cat is death to a mouse.

Just another example of holier than thou attitudes of some Americans.

Originally posted by Sabz5150+Jan 30 2005, 11:55 AM-->
@Jan 30 2005, 10:56 AM
I dont see a problem with that shit
[post=453368]Quoted post[/post]​

But you see a problem with beheadings?
[post=453383]Quoted post[/post]​

If you think this is torture, what do you call the holocost??? I'd say hanging screaming people from meathooks in gass chambers and medical expirimentation

This whole guantanamo torture thing is abusurd - America is not torturing people. A lil Sensory Disorientation and stress positions might suck, but its nothing compared to "The Iron Maiden of Nuremburg", or places like Dachau and Aschuwitz.

More than anything your guys' ethnocentrism is part of what makes the rest of the world hate America, in addition to making me ashamed to identify myself with an American where such an attitude is so prevalent.
Its hard to illustrate an analagous situation to a group as permissive as Americans. Suffice to say that the world does not revolve around our social mores and to think that it does shows a lack of genuine cultural maturity.
It may be said that this is better than using physical torture on detainees, but is it really our place to abuse prisoners physically or mentally? How do you feel about the abuse of American POWs at the hands of the Iraqi millitants? It goes without saying that acceptance of American methods of prisoner abuse in effect gives consent to reciprocation on the part of the Iraqi militants.

In contrast to the methods used by most countries, these are a joke. Get over yourself, and your loathing.

Well would anyone like to propose a system for getting information? Should we take them to dinner, get a movie and hope our charms work?

This is not a pretty business, it is not a nice business. We are not dealing with local kids caught selling a joint at school here. Most of these guys will die before giving information needed.

Originally posted by Blanco@Jan 31 2005, 07:13 AM
Well personally, I haven't done a tremendous amount of research in to interrogation or torture. What I do know is this, we can't very well condem other countries for doing the exact same things that we do. These methods of interrogation wouldn't be acceptable to use on American citizens, so why shouldn't we hold those lofty ideals up and put our money where our Forefather's mouths were?
[post=453716]Quoted post[/post]​

Look American POW's in iraq get it way worse than a lil sensory disorientation and having to sit in an uncomfortable position. If they were treated as we treat our prisoners, then there would be no complaints from our side.

As 92B16VX said - this is war, and we are doing things the most humanely possible way while doing what it takes to win.

Originally posted by Cashizslick@Jan 31 2005, 09:12 AM

Look American POW's in iraq get it way worse than a lil sensory disorientation and having to sit in an uncomfortable position. If they were treated as we treat our prisoners, then there would be no complaints from our side.

As 92B16VX said - this is war, and we are doing things the most humanely possible way while doing what it takes to win.
[post=453737]Quoted post[/post]​

But you see, in saying that it is ok to do these things to iraqi POWs you are also saying that it is ok for Iraqi militants to do what they are doing to American POWs. I mean, Iraqis need information too.

Perhaps there is no alternative to abuse or torture. Perhaps we, as a "culture of life" (as king george puts it) should take the moral high ground in this issue and take torture and abuse out of our repiroire of tactics. And if most of these guys would die before giving up any information, why are we bothering? You know a viable solution? How about not being the world's bully? Maybe we should indeed stop supporting Isreal? There are a hundred things we could do to stop these problems before they start.

Originally posted by Blanco+Jan 31 2005, 01:13 PM-->
@Jan 31 2005, 06:40 AM
Most of these guys will die before giving information needed.
[post=453714]Quoted post[/post]​

So will quite a few seriel killers, but we don't abuse their basic rights as human beings. There's never a valid excuse for blatant hypocricy. Like Guy said, this only opens the door and says that we don't care how our own men are treated in POW camps.
[post=453716]Quoted post[/post]​

Our men in prison camps rarely have the generous treatment you would have us bestow upon these "detainees". Interrogation is a tricky business that balances human rights with getting the truth, and unfortunely the line that is crossed is to open to individual interpetation. Also, I have no problem with psychological techniques, even what you would call slightly abusive physical ones, when it comes to prisoners. Obviously there is always the wrongful prosecution/innocent that will happen, but till someone comes up with a better way, than as much as it sucks, it will be. I am also the kind of guy that thinks that if you are in prison, there is a reason and all the nice things they have, like TV, smoking, weights, etc... should be done away with and get down to some damn rehabilitation or at least suffer for the crimes they commited.

Back