More "humane" treating of Guantanimo detainees

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Guy@Jan 31 2005, 05:18 PM
There are a hundred things we could do to stop these problems before they start.
[post=453791]Quoted post[/post]​

There is no new beginning coming, no fresh start, and the world is already full of problems. Idealy I am with you, hell I am a fricking hippy myself when it comes to how I wish it was, but I can deal with the way it is.

you guys are reminding me of South Park when the serial killer took cartman hostage and tortured him by making him watch a slideshow of places he visted. pretty much bored him like hell. i wonder if that will work.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jan 31 2005, 06:07 AM
In contrast to the methods used by most countries, these are a joke. Get over yourself, and your loathing.
[post=453707]Quoted post[/post]​

Does that make it right?

How you went from a hippie to a neocon will puzzle me for a long time.

ITS NOT WRONG... thier towel book even says murdering is bad.. they are fucking scum and deserve to be treated as such. Them thinking what we are doing is worse then death just shows how fucked up they are. you cannot compare sawing someones head off to tossing ketchup on someones face

Originally posted by FFCiv@Jan 31 2005, 06:40 PM
ITS NOT WRONG... thier towel book even says murdering is bad.. they are fucking scum and deserve to be treated as such. Them thinking what we are doing is worse then death just shows how fucked up they are. you cannot compare sawing someones head off to tossing ketchup on someones face
[post=454058]Quoted post[/post]​

So does 'our' cross book. I see lots of killing going on.

You are extremely uneducated about other cultures.

http://dianedew.com/islam.htm

Why don't you take a look at their "towel book" compared to the bible. You may find that they are a bit less savage than.... us.

Originally posted by Blanco@Feb 1 2005, 12:23 AM

Boot camp.
[post=454043]Quoted post[/post]​

Actually no, I realized a long time ago when I was in a hardcore band, that I could trapze around the country tell whoever would listen that America was so fucked up and not get thrown in jail, and have my head cut off. Why? Because no matter how you cut it, no matter what amount of BS reality blends into our lives, we are still a free nation. Sometimes I really do wish I could get some of you over here so you could experiance what it's really like outside the US in a true poverty stricken dictorial setting.

our time and resources would be better spent helping the third of americans that live in below third world standards in our own fucking backyard...

its great to help the poor oppressed people of iraq, but what about social security? what about medicaid? what about our education system thats the joke of the universe? what about all the seniors that lost their life savings because of white collar crime that gets a slap on the wrist, what about all the people at arthur anderson that lost their jobs cause of one office's ethical dilema? what about the poor fuckers at enron, and worldcom?

corporate corruption is leeching our society into the shitter...

sure iraq was fucked up, but it doesn;t hold a candle to the problems in our own great land...
american taxes should go to helping FUCKING AMERICANS FIRST AND FOREMOST...

Originally posted by reckedracing@Feb 1 2005, 01:15 AM
our time and resources would be better spent helping the third of americans that live in below third world standards in our own fucking backyard...

its great to help the poor oppressed people of iraq, but what about social security? what about medicaid? what about our education system thats the joke of the universe? what about all the seniors that lost their life savings because of white collar crime that gets a slap on the wrist, what about all the people at arthur anderson that lost their jobs cause of one office's ethical dilema? what about the poor fuckers at enron, and worldcom?

corporate corruption is leeching our society into the shitter...

sure iraq was fucked up, but it doesn;t hold a candle to the problems in our own great land...
american taxes should go to helping FUCKING AMERICANS FIRST AND FOREMOST...
[post=454097]Quoted post[/post]​

Actually America doesn't have even nearly the level of troubles this country has, not even the same ballpark. But yes, I also feel we could do more good at home.

I would like to say a quick word about Islam, then disappear into the shadows.

Iran had a religious leader, khomeini. Khomeini was so well read in the Koran that his direct translations were studied and regarded as perfect. He studied the book for his entire life, and through rite and respect he ascended to the position of Ayatollah. Now, an Ayatollah has a distinct advantage over other pious figures. You see, since the Koran is regarded as a perfect book - The closer you are to it, the more perfect you are. Well, Ayatollah Khomeini was that man.

In the 80s the Ayatollah declared that according to the Holy book, Westerners lead lives of complete sin. Their hair, nails, fluids and blood were regarded, as his translations were known, to be the most disgusting, putrid of all humans. To talk to one was like talking to a pile of vomit. Their ideas in ever way conflicted with the teachings of the Koran.

Direct quotes.

He then translated from the Koran that Moslim lives were to be spent eradicating this vermin from the planet. That the people would take the planet to Allah's perfect vision, Mohammed's perfect description, praise Allah.

By his very decree the Shah was overthrown, and the people ushered in Khomeini's rule willingly and excitedly. Because, What Khomeini said was regarded as the truth. Hands down, no argument. He knew the Koran that well.

If anyone wants more from me on this, ask. I'll put together some better writings. Right now, I'm just waiting for my tea water to boil.

-> Steve

Originally posted by Guy@Jan 31 2005, 11:18 AM
But you see, in saying that it is ok to do these things to iraqi POWs you are also saying that it is ok for Iraqi militants to do what they are doing to American POWs. I mean, Iraqis need information too.
[post=453791]Quoted post[/post]​

No, im NOT saying Killing people and torturing them is ok.

America follows the Geneva Convention when dealing with POW's. Iraqi insurgents Dont.

Killing someone is wrong, torturing somebody is wrong . . . interrogation techniques like sensory distortion and stress positions arent torture -> where as beatings and other torture methods (electric shock, injections, etc) are.

Originally posted by Sabz5150+Jan 31 2005, 07:01 PM-->
@Jan 31 2005, 06:40 PM

Why don't you take a look at their "towel book" compared to the bible. You may find that they are a bit less savage than.... us.
[post=454081]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes, i also see lots of killing going on. Us killing Terrorists, and Terrorists killing innocent people.

And if your last quote was meant to mean that the Bible encourages violence or any other horrific practice, maybe u should read it.

Originally posted by Cashizslick@Feb 1 2005, 04:37 AM
And if your last quote was meant to mean that the Bible encourages violence or any other horrific practice, maybe u should read it.
[post=454272]Quoted post[/post]​

If I can be so bold, I think he was drawing a parrallel between western aggression, and their christian religion, in the name of god violence, and the muslims, and their interpetations of the Kuran, and subsequent actions (holy jihad yadda, yadda, yadda).

Originally posted by Cashizslick+Jan 31 2005, 10:37 PM-->
Originally posted by Sabz5150@Jan 31 2005, 07:01 PM
FFCiv
@Jan 31 2005, 06:40 PM

[post=454081]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes, i also see lots of killing going on. Us killing Terrorists, and Terrorists killing innocent people.

We have killed several innocents.

The Bible does not draw a line for where killing is okay. Thou shalt not kill, period.

As for your last quote... crusades.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Jan 31 2005, 10:42 PM-->
Cashizslick
@Feb 1 2005, 04:37 AM

If I can be so bold, I think he was drawing a parrallel between western aggression, and their christian religion, in the name of god violence, and the muslims, and their interpetations of the Kuran, and subsequent actions (holy jihad yadda, yadda, yadda).
[post=454274]Quoted post[/post]​

Correct. Everyone has it wrong. Us, them, everyone.

Yes, I stayed in Berkeley/SF for few months in the late ninties with some friends. Or is that some kind of insiuation that somewhere in Cali there is something that rivals Iraq?

Granted there is poverty in other places, but the difference between Cali, and Iraq is that you can walk a few blocks in Cali and be safe, call a cop (hahahaha) or have some kind of recourse other than violence when someone wrongs you. That isn't the case in most of Iraq. It is such a foreign concept, true poverty, that you can't explain it over the internet.

Back