More Money More Problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

KingBacis

Ok, so problem has popped up on my rex yesterday. My battery was going down so i had it charged at az. I put it back in the car yesterday (its in the trunk) and when it started, it kept shutting off....So i tried reving it some conservatively, don't wanna fuck anything up. So then after a little bit of this back and forth, it finally leveled itself off so to speak and stayed on, but the motor was shaking pretty bad ( even for those old mounts) but then calmed down some. So when i go to swing it around the cul de sac, Its sputtering like crazy and then i took it to the highway where it does the same thing till around 3k it picks up and runs like its suppose to.
What could it be?

Fresh swap, d16z6 (95 ex auto)
Si Tranny
Changed all gaskets, Oil change, Cap, Rotor, Spark Plugs/Wires/02 sensor, Resistor box/ Si wire harness
+ a bunch of other fun stuff but these i think are the most relevant
Its like a rebuilt car, so wtf? The starter seemed kinda suspect (rusty when it came in the mail) Won't be suprised if its the dizzy, cuz these things do fuck-up (On my third used lol) The injectors were stock but they have new seals and are ok.
The car was taken to my friends school (Barans) where key parts of the swap were personally overseen and checked over by teachers/know it alls alike (lol jk)
It was done in the past 2-3 months or so but i've probably only driven it maybe 10 times or so, very locally, and at conservative rpms:cool:

Those who have seen any of my posts know i'm going B so i just need this swap to last for the end of the year so not really trying to spend too much money fixing something i will be replacing shortly, but piece of mind in a car is priceless.

Also, the exhaust i'm sure has a leak (stock and sounds terrible)

Thanks in advance.

make sure the battery ground has a good connection on both ends, and thats its grounded to a good spot

make sure the battery ground has a good connection on both ends, and thats its grounded to a good spot

:werd: And if you have the ground bolted down somewhere in the back put the same gauge wire going from the motor to a good ground. I have a small ground strap going from one of the bolts on the T bracket to a bolt on the rear xmember.

Back