more OBD1/2 Q's...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stmotorsports

hey all- just wanna make sure before i start hacking the gf's wiring...
i did a search & couldn't seem to find the exact answers i was looking for.

My gf just got a '00 B20Z out of a USDM crv to go into her '93 cx hatch. The crv motor came with distributor/intake/sensors/wiring/etc, and she's planning on going with an OBD1 integra P75. What I'm trying to figure out is how to wire the crv intake sensors and distributor without getting a conversion harness? I've heard of people doing the wiring themselves and I figure there's no point in trying to find an OBD1 integra intake/etc if I can make the crv stuff work.
Thanx tons for any help :)

You are gonna have to go OBDI all the way.

You can't use the B20 IM b/c its too tall for the hood clearence. <_<

Your only option is to get the B18B IM(better choice cause its OBDI, assuming you get the 94-95 units)

Get the dizzy from the B18B too(this one must be 94-95).

Wireing should be strait from here.......

its a '00 B20Z- different IM than the earlier ones (not the tall one). It is already in the car and it definitely clears the hood. I know some people have kept the crv IM and dist, I just need to know how to wire it up.

Ooops, didn't catch that part.

If you're gonna use the OBDI harness, I would recomend the OBDI dizzy. No wires you have to mess with.

Originally posted by noobvang@Nov 4 2003, 01:54 AM
Ooops, didn't catch that part.

If you're gonna use the OBDI harness, I would recomend the OBDI dizzy. No wires you have to mess with.

yeah i don't mind messing with wiring- i used to be an auto electronics tech...
unless she can use her stock '93 cx dizzy on the B20(?)- no sense screwing around with the wiring then if it will bolt right in...

will all the crv sensors on the IM work if we just change all the plugs over? Or do you have to use OBD1 sensors?

the stock CX dizzy will "work" but the bolt pattern is different. D-series lay in a diamond shape, while the b-series lay flat. thus, the bolt circles are off. you might get one bolt in.

its easy to re-wire the dizzy. obd2 uses 1 plug instead of 2, and really, just adds the 2 wires from the smaller obd1 plug to make it one plug.

i'd do that., and you will also need to swap over the injector clips to the obd2 ones, and the altenator plug is different as well.
other than that, you can use the cx harness and with those 3 wiring changes, plug it up. if the crv came with the harness, your golden. just cut/paste the plugs on.

as for sensors, you will need to score the evap off the d-series, and kinda zip tie it to the firewall. lol. the b-series have them on the cars, where as the d-series have them on the motors.... swap in a b-seres, and you have neither now- but the ecu will look for it.

bad pic, but ou can see the long white zip tie on my firewall holding mine on.... just behind the J in JG on the IM

DSC00404.JPG

other than that, you should be plug and play.

Back