More Parts Ordered for the Bow

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Slammed90Lude

archery is sooooo badass- I just spent like 150 dollars on bow in the past two days- I was shooting last weekend in preparation for deer season, which starts very soon here :) and I realized that my bow was shooting arrows at about the speed of stink- My good friend is shooting about 305 fps off his darton bow and my PSE is maybe 260 at best and it's cranked all the way up to 62 lbs.- So i hooked it up with some PSE carbon arrows

i414937hz03.jpg

a PSE overdraw

i413041sq01.jpg

i'm only shooting 85 grain Thunderheads, so i figure i should end up with some fairly decent speed with this setup- I'll be shooting and tuning it all next weekend so i'll get some vids and pictures of it all for those that have any idea wtf i'm talking about- oh and here's the bow
Fitzgerald.gif

BowHunting season is soon to be upon us!

Ive been practicing forever. I have my Hoyt set at 65 pounds, good enough to get the job done. My rents just got a new house with 13 acres that has never been hunted on, i cant wait!!!

ps: for those who think that hunting is cruel, just think of it as me saving your car from an over-populated forest full of deer where one just might decide to run out in front of you.

DUDE 13 acres.... ehh I dont think you are going to nab anything... thats a pretty small space... but ehh... might be a fun trip

13 acres is enough to bow hunt- If there are actually deer in those 13 acres- lol-

65 pounds def. gets the job done bro- I just realized how slow my bow was shooting- It seemed quick qhen i first got it, but that was before most of my buddies were shooting over 300 fps-

13 acres is PLENTY for bow hunting, especially because its all woods and my new neighbors houses are in the middle of their 20 acre plots that are all connected, so in reality i have a lot more land around to be hunted than just the 13 im on. And on another note my road is Deer Hill rd. you see deer all day every day all year round.

I go to school at Temple in philly, so i havent gotten to practice much, but this weekend i definatly am. Ill be pissed if i get that perfect opportunity and screw it up because i havent been practicing and miss! :eek:

ps: for those who think that hunting is cruel

as long as you're eating what you kill then its all good...
better to be taken out with an arrow than to starve to death due to lack of food over the winter...

now if you had an old school long bow with some home made arrows then i'd say you're the man...

I'll be shooting and tuning it all next weekend

everything from tuning your honda to tuning your bow.... hondaswap has got it ALL... :)

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude+Sep 22 2004, 01:12 PM-->
dude i'm at villanova we're practically neighbors
[post=393488]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah man, i know that area, and i know some pple goin to villa!, just hop on the R5 towards center city and in 20 min ur here

reckedracing
@Sep 22 2004, 03:05 PM
ps: for those who think that hunting is cruel

as long as you're eating what you kill then its all good...
better to be taken out with an arrow than to starve to death due to lack of food over the winter...

now if you had an old school long bow with some home made arrows then i'd say you're the man...

I'll be shooting and tuning it all next weekend

everything from tuning your honda to tuning your bow.... hondaswap has got it ALL... :)
[post=393540]Quoted post[/post]​

damn right i eat it, if i get ne thing :unsure: lol venesin (sp?) is great!

nice, I got a martin cougar, with the trophy taker drop away rest. sureloc sights, limbsaver stabalizer, and I shoot with a truball release...

nice, i work for , and am going to become an insurance agent.

my boss' big thing is hunting, hes been on soooooo many safari's huntingevverything u can imagine. right now hes int he guiness book of world records for shooting the largest lion EVAR. its HUUUUGE. he has it set up in his house with a female lion and baby lions picked up from the philadelphia zoo that didnt make it. cool shit. he also raises deer, that he sells for 15g's plus a peice.

that is also why i got into the career that i did!!!!!!! because if he spends that much on hunting, and my hobbie is cars, i think ill be allright

ps im retarded in philly on wasted wendesdays

Back