1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

more power for my B20b

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by caution2008, Aug 2, 2006.

1. caution2008

caution2008 Junior Member

i have a JDM B20b in my '95 civic ex, i have a full exhaust(header, high flow cat, and hks dragger 2 exhaust) msd 6a ignition and blaster coil, typeR throttle body and ls intake manifold, and also a cold air intake. i want more power, what should i do now, i have another b20 cpu with a mugen chip w/ rev limiter set at 8500 but i have to have it remapped, should i replace my rod bolts before i do anything else and what can i do for more power after i change them if needed?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

2. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

how much money do you have available?

3. caution2008

4. get_nick

turbo and tune it. call it a day. if you don't want to turbo it, get a gsr head, good cams, and get some tuning done.

5. caution2008

isn't a gsr head is a vtec, so should i replace my rod bolts before i do that, vtec will rev to around 8500, and b20's are known as far as i know for have bad rod bolts to rev it that high, or is that just a myth?

6. get_nick

all of the cr/vtec issues i have seen, is people blowing head gaskets, and that is because they don't put them together right or don't use honda stuff. you are going to be just as reliable as stock if you build it right. yes, i would use a gsr or b16 vtec head. your rod bolts should be fine, i have just heard about the b20 having weak cylinder walls.

7. MikeBergy

MikeBergy Blah blah blah....

weak cylinder walls is the big myth I've heard. But if you aren't turbocharging it some rediculous amount, you will be fine. I'd replace the rod bolts with ARP bolts, and get them resized, but you don't have to.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted