More Power For The B18b1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

twerker08

I swaped a B18b1 into my 93 civic hb,the power increase is great but I want more.The B18b1 is stock.The only other mods I have done is Aem cold air intake,2 an a quater pipe,and an aftermarket muffler.Can anyone help me with what engine mods I can do to make this motor faster without braking the bank.And do's and dont's about LS/VETEC swap.Thanks :worthy:

well if your into racing i would go with nitrous, a 50 shot should easily put you into the mid to high 13's if your a good driver. If this is your daily driver i would say stay non vtec because building an Ls/vtec the right way gets expensive and if you dont then it will get expensive when it blows up. Good luck with whatever your choice it man

well the do's about ls/vtec for you are don't do it. Waste of your time and money most likely.

Go for headers, some higher compression pistons, N20, or start saving for turbo.

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Apr 27 2003, 12:03 PM
well the do's about ls/vtec for you are don't do it. Waste of your time and money most likely.

Go for headers, some higher compression pistons, N20, or start saving for turbo.

if u plan to go turbo than get low compression pistons... ur motor will blow up faster if u use high compression pistons... correct me if im wrong

Originally posted by iamane12d+Apr 27 2003, 12:14 PM-->
liquid00meth
@Apr 27 2003, 12:03 PM

if u plan to go turbo than get low compression pistons... ur motor will blow up faster if u use high compression pistons... correct me if im wrong

uhh thanks dude, thats why I said Or. If he doesn't want to save for turbo, I was saying to put headers, and HC pistons.

it not headers but HEADER..if done correctly. ls/vtec can be as reliable as any other motor..it depend on ur budget..if u can the cash u can go FI , go for turbo, resleeve ur block and get some low compression pistons so u can run more boost..or you can just buy the turbo n slap it on n run 6-7 psi on stock internals. u can alway go all motor put a vtec head on wit ITR pistons n cams. resleeve ur block if u want higer rev. ETC

Well if you do go turbo, i would also suggest the crower turbo cams for the b18b....im selling mine because i need the money to repair my car :(

Maybe you already did this, but if you want a little quick HP but dont want to spend any money, free up your crank. If you got power steering or AC, take off all the belts and just leave the alternator to crank. If you want a quick 12hp gain, buy a new crank pulley (waaaaay lighter). I dunno, im always looking @ cheap HP gains cuz IM SO F**CKING BROKE!!! :(

Back