More power out of and LS integra?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

At the end i would like to have it comparable to a GSR output or Type R output as far as horsepower goes

LOL man a turbocharged ls will spank a stock GSR or Type R any day.

I'm sure it would work with an obd1 car, you might just have to do some modifying. I'm not sure what all is different. It is usually better to get the right kit for your car the first time around though.

will it work on a 95 obd1 it lists for 96+

manifolds are the same, so yes it will work.
as for trannys, it all depends on what you want to use the car for. you say DD. so go with the LS so you can get those high mph pulls and you WILL want the longer gears for turbo. LS is my #1 choice. My 10.20 hatch was running an LS transmission

as for the fitment, it will fit just fine, body styles are near the same other than bumpers/interior.

Haha finally I was right about something.

Short gears = faster acceleration.

If you cant hook up with short gears, get traction parts.

i like thread on the all motor ls build ,,shooting for 170 whp

,[by the way this for a swapped crx]

by plans are still building a boosted ls ,though getting 250 whp sounds temping ,keeping streetable ,an legal i worry about.

let alone the price differance.

damn i lose. thanks Blanco for clearing thisgs up for me

Oh no, not the "longer gears keep you in boost longer" thing. Faster acceleration is always faster. Gearing has absolutely nothing to do with boost. Gears are nothing more than torque multipliers used to get the power from the engine to the ground. The GSR transmission seems the best all-around B-Series transmission and the B16 is the most popular.

That is true about torque multiplication, but he said daily-driver. If he was using it at the track mainly with not much street driving than I would say b16. And I didn't say anything about longer gears keeping you in boost longer. That's just stupid. With a b16 transmission, at 80mph in fifth gear your rpm will be at 4500. Not for nothing, but that is ANNOYING. Especially in a turbo car. I've been there and done it, even with a gsr transmission. At 80 mph in fifth gear, your at 4000 rpm. I liked the LS best, personally for daily driving. Once he experience's it he will see which he likes best. I've had every type of b-series transmission's. For all motor, I like the ITR, but the b16 will yield similiar gear ratio's aside from its final drive gear.

Well, gas mileage for one. But right now I have a b16 transmission, but third gear grinds at anything over 3500 rpm. When I order another one, I'm going to rebuild that one. It will be my first transmission, but I feel confident enough in doing it.

I want the quaife lsd, with 4.7 final drive. ;]

That is true about torque multiplication, but he said daily-driver. If he was using it at the track mainly with not much street driving than I would say b16. And I didn't say anything about longer gears keeping you in boost longer. That's just stupid. With a b16 transmission, at 80mph in fifth gear your rpm will be at 4500. Not for nothing, but that is ANNOYING. Especially in a turbo car. I've been there and done it, even with a gsr transmission. At 80 mph in fifth gear, your at 4000 rpm. I liked the LS best, personally for daily driving. Once he experience's it he will see which he likes best. I've had every type of b-series transmission's. For all motor, I like the ITR, but the b16 will yield similiar gear ratio's aside from its final drive gear.

what the hell b16 tranny did you have!:confused:

I was at 3k rpms at 50mph. I was in Vtec at 80mph. prolly around 5500 or so at 80. i cant remember too well since it been awhile.

i think we laready decide that the ls fith gear would be the best option. or was that another thread?:huh:

Ok i got a question on this one. GSR vs. LS tranny. I know lower gears mean faster acceleration, but isnt there a point where you can have enough hp to pull as hard off a dig with longer gears? I mean if your shiftin as fast as you can with a GSR tranny and you swap to LS your not gunna pull as hard, but your cuttin your time spent shiftin inside the 1/4 mile. If your motor makes a good amount of power (both horse and torque) then it would work well with an LS, versus a motor making all its power up high with not so much torque working well with a GSR. So is this about right or no? Please note Im talkin about all this in a 400+ hp car. Every time ive had a close race shifting was the determining factor, and being as i had the built automatic i usually had the advantage, this is why i ask.

If your building a 1/4 mile car, than get the b16 tranny for the shorter gears. If your considering driving daily, just go with the LS transmission for its longer gears simply for its better gas mileage and more speed. Shorter gears = more torque transfer with less speed, longer gears = less torque transfer with more speed. Also, the longer gears help out big time especially if you have a turbo that doesn't spool until after 5000 rpm.

My b16 tranny is 4500 @ 80 MPH. The only thing thats annoying about it is the screaming exhaust usually. It does make for nice top end pull though.

I usually bring it up to 80mph in 5th gear to see which tranny I have. 1st gen b16 transmissions are a little shorter than the newer gen's.

but other than that, 4500rpm @ 80 mph IN 5th gear = b16/itr

Back