More power out of and LS integra?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Even better (in my opinion), would be a B16/Type R transmission with a GSR 4th and LS 5th, that way you get a nice short 1st through 3rd followed by an intermediate but still usable 4th and then ending with a nice long highway gear.

:clover:

A built k20a for NA just made 312whp @ DRT I heard, like two days ago. That in an eg hatch street car should go low 11's easily. I'm sure I will be seeing it at the track when it opens.

i understand that lower gears put more torque on the ground, but they also require you to shift more. Im lookin to build a street/strip car, so im lookin for a compromise. If i could use four outa five gears with an LS that equals less shifting inside the quarter mile, which would translate to lower E.T.'s at the traps (if and only if i can get to that hp point i talked about in my last post), correct?

lol, if I were you, I would want a fully built k20. Think high baby!

funny you say that... i have just today been doing research on variable cam timing (vanos and i-vtec). but i don't instinctively like the reverse sitting engine and clearance on the crx, not to mention the weight difference. but... i want to see an aftermarket variable cam gear for the b16. i would mother that...

hey thanks for that link, that helped me pick a tranny. now the fun part, payin for the one i want lol.

Just nitpicking. B16s already have variable valve timing, VANOS and i-VTEC are constantly variable valve timing. :)

actually that was really helpful... i just now realized that the cam lobes on vtec can alter the valve timing... i should have also written that better. but still would it not be ideal to have --retard at low, +advance under throttle and mid range, and --retard again for upper engine speed? has anyone else thought about a constantly variable cam gear for the b's, d's, h's?

I don't think the retrofit would be possible.

from someone who usually has a lot to say i am surprised you don't have more thoughts on this. i am more asking why an aftermarket company hasn't figured out how to make an electro-magnetic actuated constantly variable cam gear --- or something similar --- and market it towards --->US<---. am i really that far off or have others thought about this?

This is why I usually recommend the GSR transmission. It's a compromise between the long LS and short B16 gearing.

https://hondaswap.com/swap-articles/b-series-transmission-guide-29099/

X2 on that one. Unless you want to spend the money on a rebuild kit for the transmission, ontop of spending money to get a spare LS tranny for its fifth gear/counter gear. Ive looked, but had no success finding someone who will actually just sell the gears themselves. It would make sense to freshen up the transmission while its open.

you want a car that pulls? look at the 6 cylinder acura legends. throw an intake, headers, exhaust on that thing, and you should be happy with it. they have some big torque numbers.

Back