more power question...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Id probably get a brian crower LW crank with lighter weight rods, resleeve and bore out to 85mm. 6.5cc dome pistons with a 30mm compression height.

then id get some head work done, some killer cams (like skunk2 pro2s or something).

I'd also try to find a higher ratio final drive and get myself a ton of time on the dyno.

The above is JUST the engine build and it'll probably run about 6k.

The above was just written off the top of my head without a ton of research done.

thanks...if you know anything else i can do please send the info my way...that way i can make a list and go from there...thanks for the help reikoshea...

all sounds good...now my curiosity is asking how much gain in power will i get out of this, and how much damage to my pocket will buying this do...i will have to have someone do the labor since im not mechanically inclined...

Its hard to say how much power you will gain, there is a lot of factors that make or break power. one major factor is tuner, another is machine work, and another is how the engine is built.

Just for parts your looking at about 3k

okay a better fuel system???how will that, or may i say how will that benefit???sorry but im new to this stuff...and what kind of brake or brake kit do you recommend???

your stock fuel pump cant move enough gas to keep up with the injectors so your fuel pump will fail.

you will need to get bigger injectors because your going to make more power. more displacment + more air + more compression = you need more fuel. Depending on your build and HP goals is what you want to base your injectors on.

as for a brake kit......hmm well I would at verry least upgrade to a ITR(cheapest and still look stock). if you want to go bigger there are brands like brembo, wilwood, and stop tech. All will run about 1800+.

bottom line is shit is expensive, and all motor epic builds are even more expensive.

If it was me and I had money to spend I would do a ITR break upgrade, skunk 2 suspension, get a LS crank, eagle rods, arias pistons, sleeve the block with 85mm bore, piece together a turbo kit, hondata S300, dual walbro fuel pum setup, 1000cc injectors and tune the shit out of it!

Back