More problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mozzandherb

From what I've read in a few forums on the net, turboed cars seem to have more problems than n/a and nitrous powered cars. I'm still deciding either nitrous or turbo and I know if I do it right the turbo can be very reliable and faster and more fun ect ect, but it still seems to me that there's more problems involved and therefore more $$ which is leaning me to go nitrous at least this year and then save the money and build a good turbo.

any modded car is going to have problems if the maint is not kept up....

as ive said before, reliablilty comes from the tune, not the parts/setup. You could have a turbo setup that is 10 times more reliable than an untuned nitrous/allmotor setup or just the complete opposite.

An off the shelf nitrous kit is going to have a smaller upfront cost compared to a turbo setup, but in the long run it could cost you lots more (ex supporting mods, bottle heater, refilling, refilling, and refilling the bottle etc etc)

Figure out your budget and then decide what kind of power you want and other goals such as what kind of 1/4 mile you want to run.

Example being me:

I have a 90 civic si with a b16 cable lsd tranny. I want 250-275 on my stock b16 and hit high 12's on drag radials. Im going to do this by putting together a turbo kit myself, installing it myself and basically doing everything but the tune myself. I have a budget of 1500-2000 that i will not even come close to topping out (hopefully lol). So far i only have a few parts but ive been shopping for the best deals and should have it all together to install by the end of may.

That is my goal and that is what im going to do, try to go about it the same way. Write out your goals and then see what its going to take to get you there, and how much its going to cost

also a lot of the people that have turbo problems overlooked things (like tuning) and blew up their cars. I know its sad, but its even happened here. If you are careless, the car will let you know...you will see a hole in your block and coolant on the ground...that is your sign.

everything blows up when you don't do it right...

Quoted post[/post]]
I want 250-275 on my stock b16 and hit high 12's on drag radials. Im going to do this by putting together a turbo kit myself, installing it myself and basically doing everything but the tune myself. I have a budget of 1500-2000 that i will not even come close to topping out (hopefully lol). So far i only have a few parts but ive been shopping for the best deals and should have it all together to install by the end of may

thats basically what im looking for on my d16y8....lil lowr hp goal but budget same and me being tightass. Parts wise i've checked local junkyards without luck, so cheapest new t3 .48/.42 ive found was $365...or 250 or so for used on ebay, is that decent for new t3 garrett? (or should i hit up lil bigger t3....fyi i want to keep A/C =P )

and well tuned with crome or uber....what type of quarters think possible on street low profiles?

sry for the thread steal :p

Back