More rear dics questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

intenseneal

I want to do the rear disc conversion on my 98 Civic Hx. I will be getting a 94 Del Sol Si as a donor car for all the parts. I know I need to just swap out the complete rear trailing arms, e brake cable and brake lines. I am not sure on the master cylinder, booster and proportioning valve. I checked the Honda part numbers and found; 98 Hx and 99 Si use same proportioning valve and master cylinder and booster. So then does that mean I dont need to swap the master and proportioning valve cause the Si has rear discs and uses the the same master, booster and proportioning valve as the HX??? I also checked the Del Sol parts and the Del Sol S and Si share the same master, booster and proportioning valve. The S is rear drum and the Si is rear disc. Now the Del Sol Vtec has a different master, booster and proportioning valve but has the same rear discs as the Si. Strange. Seems to me like I can just swap the trailing arms and not worry about the hydraulic side of things. Please help.

i have done plenty of these swaps and never had a problem with not changing anything from the hydraulic side they work great with the factory parts. i would not worry bout that

Agreed. I did a rear disc swap on a 96 DX and left my prop valve, booster and MC alone. Was just fine.

Back