more reasons to buy a bike =)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well, obviously the R1 pulls considerably harder. up until 2004 tho, it was said by many experts that the R6 had a track advantage because of its superior handling even though the R1 was faster straight line, the R6 won out in the end. in 2003 not only did they switch over to FI for the R6, but also changed the frame. i think it only has 2 welds now, rather then 14ish. new R1 is bad ass. 365lbs dry i thinks and it has 180hp at the crank. i think i heard like 158 or 162 whp. but its evil. it not only demolishes the R6 in pure power, but it handles better this year. its a monster. R1 is supposedly the badest liter bike right now. as compared to the CBR100RR, GSXR1000, Ninja KX1000R <i dunno if that is the exact model name>, and also against the RC-51 or whatever the other honda was. I'd imagine all these would also include like the TL1000. dunno man, yamaha went off the deep end this year. as much balls as a GSR, minus a lil torque.

Originally posted by MikeBergy@May 3 2004, 02:50 AM
No wonder their bikes outperformed the hondas. F4is were crap because of the crappy FI systems on them, took a PC to remap the things before everything worked okay.

What the hell are you talking about? Where do you get your info? and if its hands on you most have had one really F-ed up bike.

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/05april01ho...0f4ireview.html

Honda, of course, has tremendous experience with fuel injection, primarily in the automotive world. The fuel injection on the F4i is absolutely superb. The throttle response is crisp and instant, without suffering from the off/on abruptness of some prior fuel injection systems (including some systems from Honda itself). Although we still love Suzuki's fuel injection in its GSX-R600, we have to confess that Honda's F4i system is even better (although slightly so).

Anyways all the new liter bikes are bad ass! If I were to buy one Im not sure what bike I would pick.

All the people i knew that had them said the throttle WASN't smooth at all, really off/on. But maybe they were the first year f4i's. That was also a problem for the RC's.

i know when i was lookin i didn't want to spend the money on the FI, plus my friend worked on bikes and prefered a Carbd bike to work on. R1! i wants

I'm gonna go RC51 or ZX10r, the kawis just look better than all the rest of the new literbikes out right now. Everybody else is coming out with undertail exhausts, and so far the only undertails I like are the ducs and the cbr600rr. The R1 butt is huge in person, as is the 1000rr, I just think they should look a little lower profile than they do. Plus the zx10r uses ti valves. mmmmm....ti

RC51 and ZX10R are two very different bikes and should be bought based on what you want to do with it

as far as the throttle it may be more touchy then carbs maybe thats a problem for them maybe they like to give it tons of throttle at a time I love the throttle response on my bike and could not ask for more out of a bike

also carbs being easiler to tune then FI? Im lost once again maybe you need new friends

if you want to change the fuel curve on a FI bike all you do is DOWNLOAD the new fuel maps from the internet and upload them to your ECU cost $299 for the option to do that

try jetting out FOUR carbs then getting them to all run in sync lets not talk about start up on cold days as with letting the bike sit

Carbs SUCK

I know they are very different bikes. I don't really wanna do anything with them except RIDE. haha, but I know what you are talking about. They have very different operational characteristics, vtwin vs I4, good midrange and great torque throughout vs INSANE peak hp and torque. They are both way cool. I'm inclined to go with an rc just because I like the rumble. Plus, when I am done with my integras b16a, I won't need a bike to get my high rev fix.

i wouldnt hate on derrick, he did build bikes for professional racing. besides, the majority of the time, he worked on carbed bikes, carb ARE easier to work on then FI. less computer garbage. eh, have your opinion, i have mine. i've seen the results and am completely satisfied with the results.

i just downloaded a vid of a bike that requires the hugest nuts on the planet to ride.

a turbo busa, that puts 384hp and 199.9tq to the wheel

i almost shat myself

Back