More rice, career decisions, and dentistry.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Battle Pope

Not that any of you really care what's been going on with me, but...

I ordered a JDM EG9 gauge cluster. Should be ricerrific.

I have an opportunity to change jobs. Right now I'm fairly content, making 9/hr, just got benefits. Working part time for the most part due to school and whatnot.
I might be offered a job working for an assisted living community, doing payroll and garnishments and such. Basically, only a couple things more than I do now. Except I'd be making 25/hr instead of 9. I'm having a hard time trying to justify leaving a comfortable environment though.

I had a pulpotomy yesterday. Hurt like a sumbiatch.

$9 an hour fucking sucks. i'd leave without hesitation. you can easily find another $9/hr job anywhere...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 11 2005, 10:54 AM
$9 an hour fucking sucks. i'd leave without hesitation. you can easily find another $9/hr job anywhere...
[post=459607]Quoted post[/post]​

No joke, i dont think i could live on $9 an hour.

i think you could get 9/hr at F'in walmart if you have a green card...
lol

switch jobs... more money = better standard of living, or at least more drugs/beer, whatever floats your boat

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 11 2005, 12:54 PM
[post=459607]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

My unemployment check is about $9 an hour. :lol: :(

Originally posted by Blanco@Feb 11 2005, 04:05 PM
I'll be the first to say this. Happiness is far more important than money.
[post=459674]Quoted post[/post]​

So true...but it's kind of hard to be happy with an empty stomach, no gas in the car, and all the other BS shit that you have to pay for with a paycheck.

Lose the $9 an hour job, that way you only work nearly one hour to get 3 hours of pay....and have more time to do other chit.

If I got anything less than what I make now...I would have to get a second job...and live with no sleep for days...and currently...I'm doing 7 days a week, sleep about 4 hours a day, and do a chit load of house work, and I'm burning out already....

I think I should probably add that the area I live in has one of the worst economies in the nation. Jobs are scarce at best, much less ones that don't pay minimum wage.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Feb 11 2005, 07:07 PM
I think I should probably add that the area I live in has one of the worst economies in the nation. Jobs are scarce at best, much less ones that don't pay minimum wage.
[post=459752]Quoted post[/post]​

if i were you i would read what you just wrote and then tell me why you wouldnt leave your current job

there is no question in my mind what i would do, happiness or not

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Feb 12 2005, 08:10 AM
The entire Pacific Northwest is dogshit for any kind of job market. That is all.
[post=459979]Quoted post[/post]​

The portland oregon police are one of the higher paid police departments for some odd reason "when you factor in benefits and such"

no. i make the pizza. the servers get fucking shafted. they make like 2.50/hr + tips. but im switching to be a driver, so i'll get 5.15 +tips.

Originally posted by Blanco+Feb 14 2005, 11:52 AM-->
Originally posted by racintweek@Feb 12 2005, 09:04 AM
Battle Pope
@Feb 11 2005, 07:07 PM
I think I should probably add that the area I live in has one of the worst economies in the nation.  Jobs are scarce at best, much less ones that don't pay minimum wage.
[post=459752]Quoted post[/post]​

if i were you i would read what you just wrote and then tell me why you wouldnt leave your current job

there is no question in my mind what i would do, happiness or not
[post=459987]Quoted post[/post]​

Just wondering, have you ever worked a job that you completely hate, just for the money? I've tried it, and I just can't do it...the money doesn't matter than much to me.
[post=460685]Quoted post[/post]​

I am doing that as we speak. I cannot stand it, but the benefits are great, and 4 bonuses a year isn't too horrible. Still, I avoid work as much as possible.

i used to install A/C units when i was 15-17, i got paid $150 an install and we could knock out 2 or 3 a week. i had to crawl under houses in mud and water in the winter, been chased out by snakes among all the other shit i had to do. i only did it because the money

I have worked at burger king for the past two years for minimum wage.

The hours kicked ass, but still, 7.35 wasn't cutting it. I honestly knew too much for my own good, so I stepped back, and recently got hired at hollywood. Starting out I make more an hour, but the hours aren't as nice, so my checks will be a $100 a month smaller, but I've found a lot of ways to compensate.

I honestly, can't stand doing something for just a check. It has to spark some interest in me, maybe just a little, but something, and making whoppers isn't it for me atleast.

Do a job, that you won't hate. That's my opinion.

Back