More Tourque than you can handle

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I would like to know, to the penny, the exact dollar amount that that clip cost the drivers of those cars.

Those were EXPENSIVE toys they were playing with.. I can't believe what some of those people were doing.

Good entertainment, though. :thumbsup:

I'm actually starting to hate the sounds of V8s. That footage sounded like an alarm clock on a monday morning to me.

Maybe I'm getting weak in my old age.

THAT KICKED ASS... I'm sure every one of those guys SHOULD have had and would normally run wheelie bars in a race... hell, that's exactly what they are designed to FIGHT.

And as far as hating the sounds of a V8.... shame on you. SHAME.

yeah that was fun. i liked the last hatch that looked like he wnted to wheelie the whole way down

Quoted post[/post]]
I'm actually starting to hate the sounds of V8s. That footage sounded like an alarm clock on a monday morning to me.

Maybe I'm getting weak in my old age.

As much as I am shocked and horrified to say this: I agree with Celerity 100%. :p A lot of highly modded V8s sound like shit to me. They're as bad as Harley's with glasspacks. Actually come to think of it, they sound like Chainsaws with reverb.

Yeah, those are some pretty expensive cars to be playing around with like that. Why not a shitty LS1 or something? And get some wheelie bars that go across the entire back of the car for christ's sake.

some classes of racing dont allow wheelies bars. and some guys dont like them

i'm goin to see if i can find a video of my buddy todd's car. its an old mercury capri, he typically carries the front wheels(4'-4.5' in the air) atleast 160'. One night he carried then 663' and then cylinder 7 popped. just as an indication of how far that is, 660' is half track. Nothin like 8.2x-8.3x passes. lol.

the point of a wheeli comp is that there is no wheelybars, and the wheely the most to win.

The sound of all the mullet loving red necks screaming at the top of there lungs kinda took away from that video. Pretty cool non the less. But the mullet lovers..... Damn them

Ya I seen that already on another forum...it was pretty sick..I was gonna stat it was a wheelie comp if no one else did :p

Fabulous clip more horsepower in that clip than on this forum, lol. Wonder what the total fuel cost of that clip was, I'm sure its not cheap to feed one of those, even for a short sprint.

well a chev v8 502 cost around 15grd a 572 runs 22-25grnd a blower will cost 5grnd and thats not tune or feul ect, dom power is far more money

Quoted post[/post]]
well a chev v8 502 cost around 15grd a 572 runs 22-25grnd a blower will cost 5grnd and thats not tune or feul ect, dom power is far more money

you apparently dont know very much. you can buy a fox body mustang, with a 302 for about 3gs. and thats a running one. go through it and clean it all up, new injectors etc. call it a grand. nitrous kit for under 1k. look you run 12s all day long.

so for 5k, you run 12s. show me a honda that does that for 5k including the cost of the car. domestics are cheaper to build then imports. especially small blocks. when you have someone else build you something, or buy a crate engine, you pay. Also, that 572 is about $16,000 and also puts out somethin like 700hp on 93 octane. NA. And a blower is not 5k either. you are talking out your butt.

i can build you a 10 second small block domestic for far less then you can build me a 10 second honda.

Yeah, i already did the math on it. assuming you dont change any internals of the engine, you can nab a 650HP Trans Am (or IROC style Camaro) for around 8,500 bucks. Most of those cars go for about 3k or less.

Block: $639
Pistons, Rods, Bearings, Crank For 383ci: $1,400
Fully assembled cylender heads: $1000
Cams, lifters, rockers push rods BLAH BLAH: $500
Weiland 8-71 Supercharger: $2,689
2 Edelbrock 4 barrel q-jet carbs: $750

Im forgetting stuff like oil pump distributor and exhaust manifold, so lets just factor in another $1,000 for that.

We are looking at close to 8k for the engine alone...no tranny or a stock 80 something tranny (GAH!!!!) plus the shell for about 3k.

For a real race car you still need to upgrade your rear drive train (diff and axles). So we are probably looking at about 15,000 for a great quality, reliable (or as close as you can get with 900+HP) domestic drag car. Oh, and it'll probably run 8s. I just made up that kit, so i do not know what it will do, but thats my projection, especially if we get the tuning right.

didn't most of those IROC's come with 305s? cause you aren't gettin a 383 out of a 305. lol. also, 8-71 seems a lil big, have you looked into something smaller?

ummm...the 305/327/350....all the same block yo.

New Crank and Rods = Stroker Kit

Stroker Kit = More stroke and higher displacement...do you need to take notes?

and im buying a new block when i do my TA, so no worries. Did you notice "Block: $639"

If i go with a DART block its a lil more expensive, and hell, this aint a honda, cast iron GM performance is good enough for me.

Back