More Tourque than you can handle

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

do i need to take notes? lol. pardon?

normally, a 350 is taken .030 over. making it a total bore of 4.03
a 305 would have to be taken from a 3.74 bore to that 4.03
and both would need a 400 SB crank

stroker kit doesn't include bore. Stroking a 350, or 305, will not get you a 383. Bore has to be increased also. No, i dont need notes. I'm well aware of what a "stroker kit" is. i also know, that "stoker kit = more and higher displacement" is not only repetative/redundant, its also not always true. you CAN "de-stroke" an engine with a stroker kit.

so, since i need notes, do me a favor, write all that down for me. And good luck on the build.

I been in the engine shop for a couple of months now, and when i see shit like a 10.4L 634ci engine roll out of the shop making over 800HP NA...i think i should be alright with my $10k supercharged 383 making anywhere from 600-900HP (depending on compression and if i descide to use nitrous or not). You are right, a 383 is a over bore (of .030 i think, but the shop owner would know for a fact), but since i have complete access to about every machine i will ever need...boring a block aint too big of a deal. You just spouted off a lot of numbers that werent correct (price of a crate zz572/720), and i kinda flew off at the handle.

sorry, thats my price at bill heard chevrolet. worlds largest chevy dealer ;-)

i still think a 6-71 might be better suited for a 383. not my build though.

fact is i know the prices i just bought a 502/502 is cost me 6800 and that was at cost the 572 race prep motor will run you22-25 g (http://www.sdpc2000.com/cart.asp?action=add_to_cart&pid=156314&catid=3449) just the motor plus shippping in the amount of 2000 or so and then you need a tranny to handle the power.
The point i was making is that those wheelie cars are far from cheap those are not 350's or 351's they a big block blown motors.

tis true...im quite sure that 10.4L engine will end up with a blower on it...from the rings that were on it, its either gonna have a lot of nitrous or a lot of boost......or both.

cant do that with a 350 or 351? lol

how about a 302 based block? with a total displacement of about 352cu/in ?

google "todd scribner" he has carried the front wheels 663' before, with a small block. no turbo or supercharger. he regularly carries(4' in the air) the front wheels atleast 160' The night he went 663' on 2 wheels was nuts.

I see those guys cleaning the toilets were I work every day. Maybe if they put as much work into there lives as they did there cars they could get somewhere (other than flipping over that is)

Quoted post[/post]]
I see those guys cleaning the toilets were I work every day. Maybe if they put as much work into there lives as they did there cars they could get somewhere (other than flipping over that is)

The most i will say to that is...i make the least amount of money out of my friends...none of them have a car with under 400 WHP.

Done.

Back