More TQ on B16A

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

4DRB16A

Well I recently installed a B16A in my Honda Civic 4Dr. It runs pretty smooth and is a lil peppy. But I notice that it is lacking torque. What mods can I do (internal and external) to make it more torquey?

Thanks

replace the block with a 1.8L or 2.0L block from an LS, GSR, or CRV. GSR would be the easiest.

Or just be like me and say fuck tourque.....I dont need it on the track anyway..... But you may be into drag racing.....In which case I still say replace the block.

Get a b20z short block, high compression pistons, and drop your b16 head on it, that'll get you a lot more power. Although, if you do much interal modifiaction you should also get some kind of engine management, which would also boost the hp and torque quite a bit too. Tuning is you friend.

i would keep the motor and buy a small turbo and build a custom turbo set up
i.e small 18g turbo, log mani, vafc hack, dsm inj, jonny racer FMIC and your all set for 6-8 psi daily for under 1k

the b16 is an underrated monster
or do the lsv/crv swap
my 2c

1. Raise compression
2. Increase displacement
3. Add boost or juice

I agree.. The b16 is a underrated motor.. but to get more torque any thing that adds HP will add torque.. But to get moticably more torque and HP you'll need to go with probably a larger displacement motor... You could do the tech43 stroker kit.. Buy Ls rods and crank and buy the custom pistons to make a b16 in to a LSvtec with out the head work..

Originally posted by integraslut78+Dec 29 2004, 11:45 AM-->
revolution8k
@Dec 29 2004, 09:21 AM
bore it and stroke it.
[post=438615]Quoted post[/post]​

I say bore it and throw some aftermarket cams in there.
[post=438655]Quoted post[/post]​

How much would it cost to bore the motor? If I do how much should I bore it over? What type of cam should I get? Man you can tell im a newbie asking all these questions. :lol:

I have never priced a bore before but I think they go for $300. You would probably want to go 0.25 or 0.30 bore. With the cams if you intend on raising your compression i.e. high compression pistons I would go with a stage 2 but if you are not going to touch your bottom end a stage 1 cam will be fine Skunk2 or Crower. I was a newbie in fact I still am I learn more stuff everyday the people here are really smart.

B16 will always be lacking in the torque area...

boring prob won't give you the performance you want

you can do ls/vtec or B20 vtec, or turbo, and superchargers are said to be good low end torque boosters...
but if you're unhappy with the B16 now, you should def think about increasing your displacement with a b18 or b20 block cause you'll def want more hp and torque down the road..

Back