MORE Type R Into 96'CX Questions (Wiring)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I cant figure out where the VSS wire coming out of connector C of the 98 spec ITR ecu goes.....
I could not find that same wire in the harness.....

Where is the speed sensor located on the block or tranny so that I can splice that wire up?

Also from connector A the PG1 and PG2 wires are grounds but where do I hook them up?

I couldn't find them anywhere on the harness either..

Can I just screw them down to some metal on the car body or do they hook up to something on the harness?

After these three wires get to the right places I will be ready to fire it up.

Then I get to have fun hooking up my Apexi V-afc and my HKS speed limit defencer...
BTW.... does anyone know how to hook both of them up to the ecu without one messing the other up...
because the V-Afc instructions talks about death and destruction if the one ground wire is closer to the ecu than another.....:(

because they both hook to the ground wires and the ignition power wires...
then the v-afc uses the v-tec wire and other stuff....
and the hks thing uses the speed sensor wire ....(That I don't have hooked up yet)
:doh:

The VSS is on top of the tranny somewhere. For the grounds, hmmm...I'd say a ground is a ground, but that's not always the case. I always try to go into the right spot, get a manual and find it.

because the V-Afc instructions talks about death and destruction if the one ground wire is closer to the ecu than another.....

Haha, that's nothing, they both connect to the same wire, just one splices in a little lower, nothing big. I tip is don't cut the wires, strip a small section and tie around, then use the binders that come with the VAFC to clamp it on. Or do a "nuclear splice", cut a small opening in bothsides of the wire you need to splice into, then slide the wire you are splicing into through the holes and tape it up.

I was looking at the plug wrong ...
My VSS is hooked up fine ...

its the PSPSW that is not hooked up to anything [C16 is the pin location]

I checked out the ground wires ....
it turns out that they do just run to a frame ground so I will just screw them into the wall by the ecu.....

Does anyone know what that is or where it goes.
(Power Switch???)

OK nevermind Im a retard.... PSPSW..... = Power Steering Pressure Switch....
= I dont need it...

I don't have power steering but will the ecu give me an error code if its not hooked up?

Originally posted by KloggMonkey@Jul 11 2004, 02:45 PM
I don't have power steering but will the ecu give me an error code if its not hooked up?

No :)

Back