More Type r Into Cx Questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have the old motor out and the new one into place...
only took 15 hrs.. 9:30am - 2:30am ...lol

There was no way that I could see to make the CX's harness work at all
so I left the type r one on..

I think that I can make it work... I just need to make some connections reach opposite sides of the firewall since they are the reverse of mine.

The wires running to the type r ecu are cut so all I need to do is splice all 50 some of them back to the type r harness....

Then just use my old CX's harness plugs where need be...

One question I have is the green connector coming from the Cx's harness that does not go into the ecu.... what is that and do I need it.? .. It hooks to something in the passenger side kick pannel next to the ecu...

because if I need it I think that I can separate it from the Cx harness and hook I up to where ever it needs to go on the type r harness

If this will never work somebody let me know...

My CX wont run without that green connector.

My CX harness worked. I had to buy an adapter and splice the injector wires, distributor wires. Then wire in Vtec and the second butterfly on my GSR.

If your TypeR is right hand drive then you might want to think about moding your CX harness.

I bet the wiring harness out of an American B18 would work as well but I have not tried that. It would be much easier, no VTEC/ODB problems.

yah they type r is right side drive but I still think that I can get it to work

check this out : http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=346524

he is amod on honda-tech, and his ride is sweet, he has apost with 3 different ways to do the wiring but haven't been able to find it yet

In that link apexi-itr says the jdm harness works so.... I guess it is possible...

But I still need to figure out what that green connector is....

Green connector? On the engine harness? if so does it look like this one? (not what I am pointing at, but the green plug under my hand)

s40db413b81662.jpg

If so it is the vtec plug.

The JDM harness is completely backwards and though it can be made to work, it sucks, takes for ever, and I have never seen or heard of it coming out without issues. Score a USDM ITR harness and it will plug right in, that's what Tom, the Honda-Tech guy, has.

I used an obd1 ls harness. Get one, it will save you a lot of time. All you will have to do is wire the vtec and knock sensor. And I bet you could score one pretty cheap. Thats just my 2cents cause I know I wouldn't want to do all that rewiring, plus then you don't have to worry that one of you conections is bad.

No its not that connector ... It plugs into something next to the ecu in the kickpanel on the interior of the car....
On the engine harness from my CX it at the very end on the passenger side and is grouped together will all the connectors that go into the ecu... is is rather large like 10 or more wires in that connection.

The recieving green connector that is still inside the car goes to a separate hole in the firewall .... it looks like it runs to the headlights and horn and radiator and what not...

what needs to be done about that thing...

But if I can't get this to work I will buy a usdm type r harness....
maybe it will have the green thing on it

Got a camera? take a pic of what and where. Let me ask you this, what year is your CX? Sounds like it is 96+

That green plug isn't hooked up on my CX either. I just saved myelf the hassle and bought an Civic EX engine harness for $50. It was a perfect fit on my b16a and I didn't have to wire anything.

0407scc_hybrid_14_s.jpg

This is the pic of the green thing.

This was the caption under it...
The C101 plug on the EK harness (right side) gets cut off and wired into your chassis' C131 plug, which is inside the car by the stock ECU mounting location

but I dont know how to do it...

any ideas?

Yes my civic is a 96 CX
For now as far as everything the wiring I will ghetto strech the jdm harness and then try to hook the green thing in from my old CX harness...
because I can't afford a usdm itr harness as of now.... and It really doesn't have to strech that far anyway.

Hopefully somebody knows how to get the green thing hooked up

Originally posted by KloggMonkey@Jul 1 2004, 05:13 PM
Yes my civic is a 96 CX
For now as far as everything the wiring I will ghetto strech the jdm harness and then try to hook the green thing in from my old CX harness...
because I can't afford a usdm itr harness as of now.... and It really doesn't have to strech that far anyway.

Hopefully somebody knows how to get the green thing hooked up

Sorry man, I'm not familiar enough with EKs, I don't recognize that plug.

Back