more useless facts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra+Nov 1 2003, 02:21 PM-->
@Nov 1 2003, 08:52 AM

7. I found that out a long time ago when I actual measured the "2*4" and came up with a different measurement. I became confused so I asked my stepfather who is in construction and he said it is just easier to say 2*4...duh?

It's because years ago, they did an experiment to conserve trees by making all the boards over a certain size 1/2" smaller then they used to be and it worked, no structual difference worth accouting for at all.

I forget the name for the system but it works.

I have heard that before to. I think where both right! :D

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Nov 1 2003, 03:14 AM
**useless fact**

the elephant is the only animal on earth with 4 knee caps

it also cant jump, lol.

Originally posted by jeffie7@Nov 1 2003, 12:45 AM
15. The very first bomb dropped by the Allies on Berlin in World War II killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.

Damn allies...

"You know about the three myths about the chariot race, don't you?" Heston asks. "The first myth says that a red car is visible; the second says that a man was killed, and the third is that I'm wearing a wristwatch." All false, according to the man who was there. "Even if I was wearing a wristwatch, you couldn't see it because of the leather arm bands I had on."

--useless facts--

a candle flame in zero gravity is a perfect sphere.

a rainbow viewed from above makes a circle.

there are workers inside the hoover dam that fell into the concrete as it was poured.

in a related note the cement in the center of the hoover dam still hasn't cured.

Originally posted by h82w8@Nov 3 2003, 02:42 AM
there are workers inside the hoover dam that fell into the concrete as it was poured.

in a related note the cement in the center of the hoover dam still hasn't cured.

That's 100% BS. that would weaken the structure. No one fell into the concrete blocks as they were being poured.

Originally posted by sleepergtx+Nov 3 2003, 07:51 AM-->
Originally posted by h82w8@Nov 3 2003, 02:42 AM

That's 100% BS. that would weaken the structure. No one fell into the concrete blocks as they were being poured.

:werd:

http://dmla.clan.lib.nv.us/docs/nsla/archives/myth/myth01.htm

Actually, the dam was poured in relatively small sections, so about all a fallen worker had to do to get his face clear of the rising concrete was to stand up. Officially, 96 dam workers died of various causes, and 112 persons unofficially, but none were permanently buried in concrete.

Originally posted by sleepergtx@Nov 3 2003, 06:51 AM
That's 100% BS. that would weaken the structure.

It never said they weren't pulled out, just that they fell in. :)

Originally posted by jeffie7@Nov 1 2003, 01:13 PM
20. you cannot lick your elbow

21. 90% of the people who read have tried to lick their elbow

I tried and just did. :)

EDIT: woops, those two posts should have been one... was trying to combine quotes and forgot :)

Originally posted by jiahanhao+Nov 3 2003, 02:27 PM-->
Originally posted by sleepergtx+Nov 3 2003, 07:51 AM-->
@Nov 3 2003, 02:42 AM

:werd:

http://dmla.clan.lib.nv.us/docs/nsla/archives/myth/myth01.htm

Actually, the dam was poured in relatively small sections, so about all a fallen worker had to do to get his face clear of the rising concrete was to stand up. Officially, 96 dam workers died of various causes, and 112 persons unofficially, but none were permanently buried in concrete.

:eek: well slap me around and call me betty! I heard that on the discovery channel on their special on concrete.I figured it was a credible source. :bash:

And the #1 Useless Fact.....(or Fiction) you be the judge.....
:roll:

Drumroll....................... B)

"There's no Replacement For Displacement" <_<

Even though I do disagree :ph34r:

Originally posted by Airjockie@Nov 3 2003, 05:08 PM

There is a replacement for displacement.

Artificial Displacement. which if you think about it is exactly the same as normal displacement, only it's not real. <_< :unsure: :blink: :huh:

Originally posted by Airjockie@Nov 3 2003, 05:08 PM

2.64 liter champ cars @ 900 hp =)

Back