moroso oil pan

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

:unsure: ok here is the deal. I have moroso b series oil pan and i was wanting to know from first hand encounters only. did you ever hav a prob runing out of oil in left hand turns. I have been told not to put mine on di to this being a prob. I know a lot of the honda challenge cars run them and they apparently dont run out of oil cornering so what do you all know please fill me with your knowledge not what you have been told or have hear. sorry to seam like a mule but iv been told not to by morons be cause thy hurd it from someone that told there sisters dad brother who tole there mom and you know how it goes ;) .

Originally posted by 97hatch@Oct 12 2004, 11:20 PM
:unsure: ok here is the deal. I have moroso b series oil pan and i was wanting to know from first hand encounters only. did you ever hav a prob runing out of oil in left hand turns. I have been told not to put mine on di to this being a prob. I know a lot of the honda challenge cars run them and they apparently dont run out of oil cornering so what do you all know please fill me with your knowledge not what you have been told or have hear. sorry to seam like a mule but iv been told not to by morons be cause thy hurd it from someone that told there sisters dad brother who tole there mom and you know how it goes ;) .
[post=401959]Quoted post[/post]​

What moroso oil pan do you have? There are two diffrent one's. The first and most comman type is the drag racing one. The other is the road racing one. There has been many guys on HT that have tried using the drag racing one, and end up getting oil starvation in the left hand turns. My freind has the road racing type, and he has never had a problem.

i bleive that it is the drag pan it has baffles and stuff but im un sure got it use with the valve cover and was wanting to run it

didn't B have one that didnt fit right at first? or was that for the wrong motor or somethin....

:shrug2:

what the fuck is wrong with your stock one?

i can't find any seperate part numbers on summit or moros's web site.

they make 1 generic b-series pan, and sell 2 variety's of sumps/pickups- b16/ls, and gsr/ctr/itr that clear the oem girlde and have different mouting feet locations.

i'm a bad example, as i have horrid oil pressure not realting to a pan at all, but i see no reason why it will not be better than a stock pan.

it has trap doors that don't let the oil rush forward on braking, and on side towards the middle of the underside to prevent oil from going to the right on left hand turns. on right handers, it pushes it into the sump area.

i think the people you are taling to don't know what they are tlaking about.

as far as my pan not fitting at first, i had an ls/b16 pickup, not a gsr/itr/ctr one that i needed for my gsr bottom end.

Moroso actually makes 3 oil pans for the B series. 2 wet sumps and 1 dry sump. Their part numbers are -

Well the one i have is old so im going to assume that i have a drag pan since the other two must be new. So has any one ever had oil probs and yes b you are correct it has baffles for braking and lefties. any one ever had troubles.

there has been many people on HT in the roadracing forum that have tryied using the drag and they had low oil pressure and or oil starvation go through long sweepers

eerg i just want to run this pimp a** pan do you think it will be ok for the street with the ocasional trip down a nice curvery road?

for dd and curvy roads its fine, but for road courses, no. If you want a pan that will protect you from oil starvation, go with the Mugen, spoon, find an actual road racing version of the Moroso, J'sracing, or baffle your own.

well i actually want to run it for the 5qt cap, the oil return, and the oil temp hole. my car is basicaly a drag car only but i do drive it on the street some times. When i do drive it i usualy hit the curvey roads around town pretty hard.

Back