Most Awesome car I have ever seen.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Afipunk21+Sep 14 2003, 12:28 AM-->
Frankie P.
@Sep 13 2003, 07:52 PM
I hope whoever stated that American Muscle was slow needs to get their heads checked. Until Imporst start making stock 12 sec. 1/4 miles, with a 8 cylinders with no forced induction, sorry but domestics still own the 1/4.

One of the fastest cars in the world in stock form is a 1998 Mercedez-Benz CLK-GTR...10.2x 1/4 mile. I beleive it falls under the category of import. Any Vettes or Vipers running near 9's from the factory?

lingenfelter corvette, 427 tt :) 8.95

One of the fastest cars in the world in stock form is a 1998 Mercedez-Benz CLK-GTR...10.2x 1/4 mile. I beleive it falls under the category of import. Any Vettes or Vipers running near 9's from the factory?
lingenfelter corvette, 427 tt :) 8.95 [/quote]
since when was a lingenfelter corvette stock from the factory last time I checked I think you had to pay 35-40K for the corvette then ship/drop it off to lingenfelter with another 40K for him to build it

not very stock in my mind

IMO XJ220 owns it might not be the fastest in the world but Mmmmmm who cares its sweet

but I think its pointless to bring up supercars

I might not have the most influence here, but when you look at it, granted yeah the euro cars are damn fast and nice, and also can be driven legally without emissions issues, but these cars are also tons and tons more money than most of the vettes and vipers out there. Now take the japanese supercars, or atleast the skyline, yeah its all wheel drive, yeah its a small engine, but then apply the rules of AMERICAN emissions to it and you have to bend some rules to be able to drive it. Now take away emissions and let the domestic designers redo some of the engines and im sure they could pump out more horses too. Now Im not riping on the japanese imports cuz those things can be amazing fast, its just theres more to consider than who got the best stats on paper. that is all.

Originally posted by h22acivic@Sep 14 2003, 11:27 AM
I might not have the most influence here, but when you look at it, granted yeah the euro cars are damn fast and nice, and also can be driven legally without emissions issues, but these cars are also tons and tons more money than most of the vettes and vipers out there.

www.google.com its your friend!

cosworth is 30K brand new 19K pounds UK

Viper is $79.995 and Vette Z06 $47.400 keep in mind thats the prices listed by reviewers and most dealers will jack it up even higher I doubt you would drive away from a dealership with a Z06 for less then 55K after everything is added dealer tax lux tax set up fees and such

do either offer AWD?

Since when are tinted windows not a modification, did I not "modify" the look of my car? If I wanted to just put the engine modifications I had, I would have put "engine mods" instead of car mods. Secondly, I don't plan on buying the Type R (K20) engine, then buying turbo right after that, I will put the DC CAI, first for some extra ponies, turbo would be the last mod that I do. Now as for the American Muscle being the top notch, it will be just as I said. "No replacement for displacement." The statement doesn't get any more true than that. Four cylinders running 12's, awesome task indeed, but in all honesty, can you sit there and tell that the four cylinder will ever be as fast as an 8 or 10 cylinder with the same modifications in it. I.E. Turbo, cams, heads, etc. Never will that happen, bigger will always be stronger. The emissions in the states, are hard to pass, the main reason why four bangers, can run 12's. Now don't get me wrong I love imports, the price to get them to run quicker times is much lower than American Muscle, but with the money American still own the quater.

bottom line with money a GEO will outrun anything
whats your point?

take a viper 80K and turbo it another 30-40K and it will run 9-10s IF it hooks up

take a honda and dump 20-30K into it knowing what your doing and it will run 8-9s with tube chassis and such

and yes the viper with turbo would be fast as shit IF they make it into at tube chassis as far as the full body it would never run lower then 9s atlest I don't see it happening

ok so we figured out that with an endless amount of money we can make any car go fast now what?

Originally posted by Frankie P.@Sep 14 2003, 11:46 AM
Since when are tinted windows not a modification, did I not "modify" the look of my car? If I wanted to just put the engine modifications I had, I would have put "engine mods" instead of car mods. Secondly, I don't plan on buying the Type R (K20) engine, then buying turbo right after that, I will put the DC CAI, first for some extra ponies, turbo would be the last mod that I do. Now as for the American Muscle being the top notch, it will be just as I said. "No replacement for displacement." The statement doesn't get any more true than that. Four cylinders running 12's, awesome task indeed, but in all honesty, can you sit there and tell that the four cylinder will ever be as fast as an 8 or 10 cylinder with the same modifications in it. I.E. Turbo, cams, heads, etc. Never will that happen, bigger will always be stronger. The emissions in the states, are hard to pass, the main reason why four bangers, can run 12's. Now don't get me wrong I love imports, the price to get them to run quicker times is much lower than American Muscle, but with the money American still own the quater.

Jesus already..... :gives:

I would much rather spend the extra on the 4-banger to have the power than to buy an american car anyday. I won't be broke and living out of my car and I know I won't be $79,000 in the hole with my domestic broken down on the side of the road.

Originally posted by Frankie P.@Sep 14 2003, 11:46 AM

THIS GUY is what is wrong with the import scene today.

people like this want to make me hang up my honda and go buy a non-descript 4 door american sedan.

and even if he gets 1/16 of the shit on his "modification wish-list" i seriously doubt he will do any of the labor himself....

MOMMY !!!!! CAN I HAVE 3000.00 FOR THE GREDDY TURBOCHARGER KIT?????
I CLEANED MY ROOM ALLLLL WEEK, AND I ALSO HELPED SET THE TABLE !!!!

You guys make absolutely no sense to me, obviously you guess refuse to believe the truth. I LOVE IMPORTS, why the fuck would I own one, if I thought they sucked ass. I stated in my earlier post, that Imports were better, because you could get them to go faster, cheaper, funny how nobody mentioned that. I was saying that bigger is better. I could be a real dipshit and compare some of the Drag Civics to Top Fuel and totally shove that up your ass. Why are the top fuel faster? Let me see, they way fuckin bigger engines. You show me a 4 cylinder that runs 4's 5's 6's it doesn't happen, because the engines aren't big enough. There is only so much a four cylinder can do. Now I agree with everybody else, four cylinders are great, crx with a B18 running 13.5 with 180-200 HP, all for maybe $5,000 can't get a reliable domestic for that. Just to get things straight I don't live with my mother, my car is paid off, and I have my own place. So Tony, this is for you :fuckyou: :fuckyou: :fuckyou: :fuckyou2: :fuckyou3:

thanks4info%5b1%5d.gif

Now

gtfo.jpg

Uh...Frankie...have you ever seen a top fuel, alcohol, or whatever it is Cavalier dragster?

They're using the original 2.2 block, bored out to 4 liters, and they've run 5s with it.

Read Autoweek...or even Sport Compact Car...they had an article with it in there.

Originally posted by Frankie P.@Sep 14 2003, 03:22 PM
No problem Tony. :thumbsup:

ya know, im takin a real shine to you
you keep on getting owned time and time again,
yet you still come back for more.

shows heart if you ask me....

or more likely you are as heard headed as i am :lol:

iunno, i think this topic is kinda turning into a Domestic vs. import thing...
personaly i am not an import fan or domestic fan, im a car fan. I give respect to any car that is built right(unless its a ford :D ) I mean as far as reliability goes, i dont think there's gunna be a mucgh of a diffrence between a 600hp v8 domestic or a 1000hp turbo v6 import, but i don't know cuz i have never experianced either. I mean at this stage in my life, i prefer an import, because i don't have the money to insure a v8 + i think it would be cool to have a Light, quick 4banger that will be pretty reliable and not kill me on gas and insurance, if you can insure and afford the gas for a SS more power to you. I guess what im saying is you don't really have the right to talk about a car you have never owned, or experianced.

now go ahead flame on me for my spelling, and ignore anything i said

they "racing company" put out a acura racing motor it was a 4cly I think 4.0L and it put out 4000HP

just like the topfuel dragsters the only thing honda on it was the name everything else is CUSTOM made

Frankie P reminds me of my dog shes like just under 1 foot tall and one year we had 2-3 feet of snow well my brother picked her up and tossed her a good 10 feet and she landed in the snow PUFFFF she was gone.... then you see her pop up and start jumping thru the snow to get back to him so once again he picks her up and chucks her across the yard keep in mind shes going up a good 8 or so feet

she did the about 5 times before my brother got tired of tossing her but it reminded me of you

owned owned again owned again and again and again =)

I say just sell the car and ride the bus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back