most badass exhaust EVER

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicious

Buck Futter
VIP
So I pull a ticket today at work on an 06 Ram 1500 quad cab with a 4.7 V8. The complaint on the ticket is 'Customer states he occasionally hears a sqeak/squeal coming from the transmission area when driving.' I walk out on the lot, and the first thing I notice are some hideous-ass Euro-style LED taillights. 'Great,' I think, 'some jackass kid.' I get in the truck, and it's got an in-dash DVD screen, subs under the backseat with one of the most ghetto wiring jobs I've ever seen, and a 'The Fast And The Furious' DVD box set sitting in the seat. I was right about the jackass kid part. So I take the truck for a test drive to see if I can duplicate the customer's complaint. It's a 6-speed manual transmission, so I romp on it as soon as I get on the road, and it's got a LOT more pickup than you'd expect from the wimpy 4.7L V8 - it's obviously been programmed, and he just kissed his powertrain warranty goodbye. I let off the gas, and as the truck sort of rocks back from the decelleration, I hear a 'squeak squeak' from under the truck. I drive back to the shop, and put the truck up on one of my lifts, and almost IMMEDIATELY see what's causing the problem. Take a look at the pictures and see if you can figure it out, too!

2mcsvh1.jpg

md2wrr.jpg

fvwjg1.jpg

15d1kqh.jpg

idt5xk.jpg

Yup, his badass exhaust seems to be the problem. Note how in the pictures there's no clamp, no welds, NOTHING holding the muffler on the pipe - except for the Mexican Abortion that's not only supporting the entire weight of the muffler, but keeping the muffler from sliding off the pipe.

:huh:

post a pic of the kid so we can laugh and mock him uncontrollably.

My mom did that a while ago when she broke the hanger for her exhaust system on her Taurus. She delivers about 500 newspapers every morning and those sunday papers get pretty heavy, so she bottoms out on a lot of driveways. It's still hung up like that right now.

post a pic of the kid so we can laugh and mock him uncontrollably.

I would, but luckily I don't ever have to deal with any of the customers. I probably won't ever see him. The service adviser said he's a young (under 20) white kid.

Yea here in Texas at least in my town for sure, I'd have to say at least 80% of the ricers are highschoolers with trucks their daddy gave them. You'd never seen so many trucks with clear/chrome tails, and what gets me the most is the neon underglows. My friend has a 95 Silverado with blue underglow, his friend has a 02 Dodge Ram with pink underglow, there's a lot more and it just looks goofy.

What illegal immigrant did he get to put that on for him?

Back