1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most bichun parts hauler..?

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by humblegumbo, Aug 11, 2007.

Most Bichun "Shop Truck" is......

1. Sanford & Son heap

62.5%
  2. Brady-mobile

12.5%
  3. Scooby van

25.0%
  1. humblegumbo

humblegumbo 1595cc's of Mad Fury

Hondaphiles, I want your opinion. If you were in the market for a "shop truck" what would you want?

I want a vehicle that can get me to the parts store, the junkyard and even work if the 'Rex is down. I'd also like to be able to hook up a trailer and tow my car if I had to. Other uses would be stuff like family road trips and free junk from craigslist.

But...I can't decide. Oh, and I'm not willing to spend more than a couple grand at most.

50's "sanford & son" truck
    [​IMG]

70's Brady Wagon
    [​IMG]

'60's "scooby" van
    [​IMG]

2. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

scooby van!!

3. BodyDroppedNikes

BodyDroppedNikes ...PENDEJO.... VIP

50s style truck bro!

some white walls with smoothie wheels and painted flat black would look sic!!

4. Black Widow g2

Black Widow g2 *princess*

I just want an excuse to say 'Wagon Queen Family Truckster!' Ok, I say the truck or the Van. "a van down by the river."

5. invisibledemon

invisibledemon Bored Moderator VIP

the truck has no glass and by the looks of it probly doesnt run. its being held in place by bricks.
    the wagon is just ugly
    the van is pimp though.

id go with the truck, fix it and like bodydropped said, flatblack would look bad.

6. Jeef

Jeef NO MA'AM Moderator VIP

56 ford ftmfw fix that truck up right and you might make a few $$$ out of it

7. BigJ

BigJ I'm just about that action Boss. VIP

loving the truck. I'd rock it in a heartbeat.

8. Dustin_m

Dustin_m Active Member

I vote other.. A friend back in high school had a sick ass 1960 chevy panel wagon, basically a suburban with no windows on the side. That thing was awesome, and still to this day i have only seen 2 other ones on the road. That, IO would be the best parts hauler. out of the three you posted, though, I would go with the pickup truck.

9. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

Jeep Grand Cherokee and a small trailer.

Great all around vehicle, tote the family on vacation, tow the boat, holds small to medium size easily, seats fold down for larger storage. The small trailer can be purchased brand spankin new for $800 for something like a 5' x 10'.. Big enough to haul plywood flat or anything a pickup could move.

Crappy gas mileage, though. Gets 19mpg if I baby the hell out of it. (and a K&N that is responsible for at least 2mpg.)

But why not just get a single cab fleet-white base ford F-150 or dodge ram for a shop truck. Keep it cheap and simple.

10. BigJ

I just got offered to buy my buddy's 2000 F350 Diesel on 38's for a whopping total of 12000.

I'm truly considering it.

11. BodyDroppedNikes

BodyDroppedNikes ...PENDEJO.... VIP

thats damn near a steal at that price

12. BigJ

I know. I already have a car payment, and just got back on my feet from selling the bike and working a crap load of weekends.

I can afford it, as my insurance just cut in half and is literally 170 less a month because all my tickets came off, but I'm not sure yet. I work construction, so I need a truck, I go to the pass everyweekend, and I generally go quadding once everytwo weeks and have to put my quad on a trailer and pull it behind a friends truck, and finally my dad just bought a boat and would let me tow it with my own truck but not his 2500hd.

It's just I'm a full time student, and I don't necessarily need it as I have a new car.

13. nvrenough2

nvrenough2 New Member

My vote is for the station wagon. It looks like it is in better condition than the truck and looking at the van it may be hard to find parts for. For family hauling and vacations you could just pack everything in the station wagon or van. The truck not so much.(Depending on the amount of people) If thats a Vanogan parts aren't cheap but its good and nostalgic. You say you don't want to spend to much and the station wagon seems like the best bet.

14. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

Get them all. The wagon sucks though

15. humblegumbo

I thought this would be a fun thread, and thanks for your alternate suggestions. Let me clarify a couple requirments though.
    First and foremost, this must be a pre-1972 vehicle because I refuse to have to smog a third vehicle.
    The wife wants to be able to drive it, so it has to have an automatic tranny and be built like a brick outhouse. I'm just going to get liability insurance on it, so *when* (not if) she backs into you I don't want to have to worry about repairs.
    Additionally, it's going to be a domestic simply due to the cost and availability of replacement parts.

Finally, in the long run, I plan on keeping said vehicle for at least 16-17 years. Hey, the boy is going to have to learn to drive in something, right? Be damned if it's my honda (which I plan on owning until the day I die).

Also, I'm not looking at buying these specific vehicles. These are just examples off craigslist that I found the day I posted the poll. But, it's got to have a little 'rat rod' potential.

If I ended up w/ that '53 F150 I so wouldn't paint it.

16. Celerity

This is what your stupid state's emissions program has created !

17. humblegumbo

Hey, I don't 'own' any part of the state!

18. Celerity

CT now you can get anything on the road. No emissions, no inspection. No problems ! If the car comes from out of state it needs a "VIN Verification"

19. humblegumbo

That is sweet. When I lived in VA the regulations were pretty easy to get around. Even if you weren't 100% legal, you could always find somebody willing to sell you an inspection sticker as long as all your lights worked and stuff.

This year was the first time I'd ever dealt w/ smog or emissions testing. What a pain in the arse.

20. humblegumbo

Other options I'm considering:

1963 Fairlane Wagon
    [​IMG]

1946 chevy truck
    [​IMG]

1965 chevelle malibu wagon
    [​IMG]

1972 Dodge B200 Conversion Van
    [​IMG]

Verification: