most compression on pump gas?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SkyGuy

mankind can be stupid.
what is the highest compression i can go to and still run premium pump gas? ive heard everything from 11:1 all the way up to 13.5:1. nobody seems to have a clear answer.

well ya i forgot to put in without your ecu changing your timing due to your engine knocking. but thanks for the response. i wasnt looking to go much higher then 11:1 but 11.5:1 is good for what ten ponies comparied to 11:1?

The higher the compression, the better the tune you MUST have in order for it to run worth anything...

Plus, the higher compression you have means shorter engine life.. And thatsnever a good thing.

12.5:1 on 91 octane and 13.0:1 on 93 octane without pulling timing like an idiot- source: personal experience on the dyno and GOOD tuning.

I was running 13:1 a couplea years ago on 93 without any problems other than my usual 'everything I touch dies'...

it's all in the tune.

Nope Cal you don't know what you are talking about. You should have just let blanco build it for you over the net. He can read a manual better than anyone.

Back