most dangerous road in the world

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reason being our logging roads still see regular traffic; every winter the Wynoochee River floods, thus flooding the Wynoochee and Chehalis Valley. Since all paved roads are then covered in water, the only way into Aberdeen is through logging roads up in the hills.

What type of vehicles do people mainly drive on those roads?

Most logging roads give you a little wiggle room to get out of the way. That road there just equals death.

Im just wondering how you go about making a road like that, but yeah Im down for a meet. And its not like your going to be going faster than 25 on it anyways so you can move over a little for oncoming traffic.

I'm down for the meet too. lol that road would be fun to drive down if the one end was blocked off. just don't get too cocky otherwise you can say hello to the bottom of that valley.

Do a google image search for "Huashan Hiking Trail". Here is a little preview.

277085765_371c698d63_o.jpg

295154263_2f8c8efdf2.jpg

gw_mg4b.jpg

I've been on logging roads in the Appalachians, northern California, and the Colorado Rockies.

Rockies win, hands down. Then get into Canada, and holy shit.

Some drunk Indian person was looking at a mountian and said, "that would be a good place to put some 2x4s in the side of and walk along."

I would drive it if I was going to be the only one on the road.

u live in/around chicago, celerity?

that road looks fun. it wouldnt be smart to make the first trip down it a race, of course. if i ever was out for a 'sunday cruize', that would be an awesome road to go down. i agree with get_nick...

i think it would be great. not a cell phone, computer, bus, internet, taxi, terrorist, bum, bill, taxes, paycheck, or gold digger in site.

that is my paradise.

:driver2:

I think That raod Is In Peru at the Andes mountains And They Go to machu Pichu an Ancient Inca City. i would like to drive it or the autobahn

I think That raod Is In Peru at the Andes mountains And They Go to machu Pichu an Ancient Inca City. i would like to drive it or the autobahn

Save yourself the trouble, the autobahn isn't really that much fun. Yeah, sure 120mph is fun at first; wait until someone doing 65 pulls into the fast lane, while you're doing 100mph. That's not so much fun. And remember, no matter how fast you are, you're always going to be slower than someone else. I've been almost run off the road (mind you this was all at over 100mph) by an Audi A8. Not much fun.

Personally, I'd go with winding road, anyone with a foot can drive straight and fast; It takes skill to drive autox.

I still say I would drive it. I may not make it over 15 mph but it would still be fun. But in a rally car it would be not so fun. I would be tempted to go fast but terrified to go to fast, then try to hit the brake hit some loose dirt and be like bye bye road.

it is not peru, it's bolivia. try google, it could be your new friend.

Iceland

Icelanders believe that guard rails take away from the natural beauty of the landscape so they don't use em. Holy crap. If you see a road on a map that is not a bold line don't do it. Trust me on this. I had to come down this 15 degree incline that ended in a 45 degree bend on the shoulder of this damn mountain I had come over in this Corolla wagon thing.

The view was incredible but i white knuckled my way through half of it. I'll see if i can find some pics when i get home.

Also, i mentioned someplace else: If you get caught out someplace the rescue service says is off limits, they bill you for the rescue...

u live in/around chicago, celerity?

that road looks fun. it wouldnt be smart to make the first trip down it a race, of course. if i ever was out for a 'sunday cruize', that would be an awesome road to go down. i agree with get_nick...

:driver2:

I miss Chi town, i had some good times there. I think I was on that section of road with that crazy russian chick...

Back