Moth balls and your gas tank

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ilikepie

Ok ive heard that if you put like half a moth ball in your gas tank its like putting octane booster in. In other words, ive heard it highers your octane. Ive never heard of anyone doing this before. If anyone heres ever tried it and it works let me know cause octane booster is expensive :p

i've researched the moth balls thing...

from what i've read it only applies to the early model moth balls... you know, before all this enviromental crap...

basically the moth balls had a chemical that oxidized the gas...
but you need to go find some real old moth balls for it to work cause the new ones don;t do it... and don;t expect your engine to last too long either...

I didnt plan on doing it, one of my friends was just telling me about it. I didnt know whether to slap him or what.

I think it sort of works on the same theory that people use to make "bathtub napalm". Supposedly styrofoam and gasoline = napalm.
In addition to being bad for your engine, I cant imagine that it is too good for your catalytic converter either.

paint thinner makes a much more effective octaine booster

The key ingredient in octane boosters is toluene, perhaps older mothballs contained it?

And if I remember right, napalm is mostly made of polystyrene and gasoline, so melting styrofoam in gas would pretty much make the real thing.

go to a hardare store and buy tolutole add 1/4 cup to a tank of gas it give about a 2 point jump. Irewad a study somwhere on it

Toulene (pronounced tao-lene) is better than paint thinner, well paint thinner is made up of toulene and some other shit, but straight toulene works best, do a search I posted up a link a while back, with a good mixture chart, and a bunch of info on the product.

Back