motherboard died

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i burned the file to a cd... no usb shit handy. went into the boot menu, doesn't recognize the file being there :(

floppys are bootable, as are CDs, and nowadays so is USB.

did you have to burn a bootable cd first? not all cds are bootable. have to the correct files such as .bin.

but dang B, i really hope you get all this sorted out.

this one seems to be a little better... i got into windows setup a bit, got a mouse....

and now im locked up again it seems. mouse moves around though. wtf.

i was gonna say, Vista and 7 hates certain drives and it takes a while for it to get all the files from the disc. just gotta be patient.

one of the vista installs i did took about 30-40 mins of "coping files" because the drive had to keep spinning up again.

wow, this things is really slow as shit. if it doesnt' get better after i get the other 3gb of ram in it, i'm going to be pretty damn pissed.

haha, do you have the video card in there or running the onboard? with onboard and aero turned on, itll lag quite a bit.

i had a pentium m 1.6ghz with 1gb of ddr and it ran 7 beta fine. of course with aero turned off. but then again going from a quad 6600 to dual ii x2, youll probably feel the difference.

i have my card in, not using on board (doesn't support dual link for my 30" monitor).

i haven't gotten to windows yet... so no area i'm still copying files :(

When I installed RC on my machine (athlon x2) it was slow as hell till I got into windows and got everything set up with drivers and shit.

Good to hear it's coming together though.

yup, just entered my product key. everything seems to be ok now.

what a disaster. lol

and to top it off, my ex gf facebooks me out of nowhere... wtF?

i think this thread has got to be the most dramatic geek thread ever.

i'm on the machine now :D

Give me tonight to get my apps and back ups loaded, etc. i have a txt file with the licenses on my backup drive somewhere......

Back