motor and tranny mounts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

turbo sol

I need some ligaments!!!
so my mounts are shot... like all of them. the kid that had it before i did really slammed this thing around something terrible:eek:. so my question is does anyone know of a place i can get mount rebuild kits?:confused: i searched for an eternity and still can't find anything... well, i take that back...i found a polyurethane bushing kit for it that said it could be used with busted out mounts but there was only 3 inserts available. :mad:
any input would be greatly appreciated.

if your not looking to spend a lot of money go to a junk yard if not try ebay there cheap as hell or brake the bank open and buy a whole new kit from your local performance shop

i suppose new is a better way to go...
ok so now that i'm gonna be going with new mounts, has anyone used the poly mounts? the really stiff, ridgid ones?

I used Hasport's kit when I put my DA engine into my Eg, only cuz I wanted to see how they would be and I got them cheap at the time.
They were really stiff, and they have pro's and cons, they improved my shifting and dampened the engine alot (no flex) when I really got on it, but they are stiff and on cold mornings the whole car vibrates and shakes, it can get a little nerve racking.
I would suggest getting stock mounts for the upper tranny and upper engine, and maybe prothane inserts for your 2 front lower mounts, and then get a really stiff rear mount for racing, that way your engine will be able to move up and down with the stroke, causeing less vibration in the car, but the lower mounts will hold the engine from moving back and forth dring hard acceleration and shifting.

Back