motor build and turbo???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

trevorsevoviii

ok so i drive a 500hp evo and my buddy drives a type s now, he had a 95 civic with a greddy turbo kit, and the stock motor blew, we are wanting to turn his civic into our project car, were looking for low 12's very high 11's in the quater, what would should be our hp goal to get us there in a gutted civic, and can we get there on a fully built stock motor with a turbo kit, if not what is the cheapest way to do this?? car will not be daily driven so its power over reliability, we appreciate any help guys.-thanks `travis:)

A fully built stock motor? Bit of a contradiction there.

First off, im guessing this is probably a coupe or a sedan.
You'll need to see at least 350 whp AND be able to put it down to see a time like that for sure, give or take some hp simply because theres too many variables in this situation to give you an accurate answer.

Your best bet is a GSR or LS-VTEC swap with a properly sized t3/t4, internals that can handle this power level (yes that most likely means sleeving), and a good tune.

Start by doing research, and looking at setups that are hitting the 1/4 in the time that you want, and go from there.

ok well we were talking some more and realized that we would like around 275 to 300 whp using the d16z6 block, we are willing to build it and turbo it, just looking for the cheapest route. thanks guys

what dealer out there has the best deal for some cp pistons with eagle rods? speed clinic has them on now for 759.00.

can anyone beat that?

^I got my stuff from them, and I couldn't be happier.

Until it was stolen of course, but yes very fast shipping and very quick responses from them.

I've looked around the sale threads on here and H-T and have found Eagle Rods for as low as $270 shipped. Then again, I also spend quite a bit of time googling the hell out of parts, just to find the best price. Best of luck.

Back