Motor choice B18c5 or B18c

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SpOoN EK9

Alright i was wondering your guys opinion on this swap because i'm close to purchasing it from HMO, the Type-R complete changeover. I'm thinking of purchasing JUN 3 Cams, Cam Gears, and Valve Train or TODA SPEC C Cams, Cam Gears, Springs, Titanium Retainers, ITBody, and Toda Timing Belt. Which do you think would be best for my money the JUN cams or the Toda cams? Also recently a few friends of mine told me i should just get a GSR motor and get that built, what do you guys think? Also if going Gsr is preffered, what would you guys suggest to do with the motor building wise?

Go with the GSR and stick to your current plans... if you buy the ITR, you're just tossing out all the good stuff anyway when you swap in all your new parts.

I would probably go with the Jun 3 cams over the Toda C cams. The only additional thing to do with the GSR engine is to swap out pistons to higher compression pieces.

Well about the pistons, what's a good compression ratio and what pistons do you guys suggest to purchase? Also do you guys think it's worth the money to resleeve the Gsr block and should i get it bored out to 84mm or something close to that? Just curious if anymore work needs to be done to the block.

depends on what horsepower gains you are trying to achieve. All that stuff your doing to it will depend on what you want...

I hope you got some money.

JUN 3 Cams and valvetrain- Overrated, go with some crowers or skunk2s
TODA SPEC C Cams, Cam Gears, Springs, Titanium Retainers- Still overrated
Toda Timing Belt- No, go OEM

Which do you think would be best for my money the JUN cams or the Toda cams?
Neither, Skunk2, Crower

Also recently a few friends of mine told me i should just get a GSR motor and get that built, what do you guys think?
This is the most logical choice

Also if going Gsr is preffered, what would you guys suggest to do with the motor building wise?
Turbo

Money isn't an issue but right now i'm thinking of keeping it all motor for now then maybe going turbo later in the year. So you guys think i need to bore it out any? Also what brand pistons would be good for the swap because i'm thinkin of getting some ITR pistons maybe?

If your going to build your motor I would sleeve it and put forged internal in now.also go with the GSR,the person that said you would be tossing all the good stuff from the ITR was Right,Live and learn I guess. anyways,Go over to Importbuilders.com and talk to jeff,He built mine and it's a Monster.
You know the motor is BadAss when it walks Z06 vettes and Built Supercharged Cobras

go with the rocket motorsport m22 cams and valve train. Or try blox stage b or 2 what ever it is!

Back