Motor Glaze??!!?!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Cashizslick

!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!
Hey all,

So i am going to clean my car up real nice for the appraiser. When i bought it, the previous owner had put this sticky clear substance all over the motor. Asside from the annoyance of it being sticky, it made everything look brand new.

Where can i get this stuff? I think THIS might be what i am looking for but i dont know for sure. Would an auto parts store like Pep boyz or autozone sell this stuff?

Thanks in adv.

Cash

when I was in highschool i worked at a car wash and if the customer wanted a motor glaze they would degrease the motor and power wash it and use a high temp clear spray and coat the motor

Where do i get this high temp clear spray? Any brands?

I have to take my car to the appraiser so i want it to be cleeeeeeen.

thats... just... horrible.

You're considering slapping clear coat all over your motor? I think it'll look pristine for 2 days. then it will look like total ass. dont do that to yourself. Clean it with degreaser, buy a few hard toothbrushes, and get to work, clean all the nooks and crannies. Then, hit it with armor all. It will be shiny, make everything look new, and it isnt a permanant thing, you can wash it off and it'll be right back to normal again.

Thats my two cents. Dont perma-screw your engine bay for 2 days of cleanliness.

:werd: :withstupid:

he doesn't care if the engine is painted. just wash it down and clean it up nice. make it look like it just came from the factory instead of detailed for a car show.

Please DO NOT put clear coat on your motor. Autozone has this stuff called Engine Detailer. I forgot who it is made by but it is in the section with the Engine Degreasers, Throttlebody Cleaners, ECT... Anyway, the stuff works real well and smells like Cherries :) but you need to degrease your motor first, then spray the whole engine bay with the stuff. Sorry I couldn't give you the name of it, I just completely forgot.

EDIT:I found a link for it. Like I said, they have this stuff at Autozone...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002JMAO...9004?n=15684181

Quoted post[/post]]
Please DO NOT put clear coat on your motor. Autozone has this stuff called Engine Detailer. I forgot who it is made by but it is in the section with the Engine Degreasers, Throttlebody Cleaners, ECT... Anyway, the stuff works real well and smells like Cherries :) but you need to degrease your motor first, then spray the whole engine bay with the stuff. Sorry I couldn't give you the name of it, I just completely forgot.

EDIT:I found a link for it. Like I said, they have this stuff at Autozone...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002JMAO...9004?n=15684181

Thats the stuff im talking about!

No way in hell i'd spray my motor over w/clearcoat . . . i think u guys mis-read me.

I want that sticky crap that you put on ur motor to make it look nice.

Back