Motor Grenade Stories To Share?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
after reading the nitrous yes or no thread i was curious if anyone had any first hand stories of either a motor you destroyed, or one you saw destroyed...

i have never blown one myself, but i picked up my project integra with #2 rod through the front of the block and #3 rod through the back of the block...

threw a rod through my old block on my 240sx and it left a baseball sized hole on one side and a quarter sized hole on the other

There was a Corvette.
He pissed me off, and then he ended up in my rear view mirror @ 140mph+
Two weeks later:

dead_piston_med_02.jpg

Well, that's the short story anyway. :lol:

the day one of my ex gf's broke up with me.....

that night took a drive down the freeway to think and clear my mind.

had a boosted y8 in a ek.

upon getting off the freeway, and pulling into starbucks, i hear what sounded like a paper bag caught up in my wheel well. didnt think anything of it, because i was too stressed out about my chick.

get back on the freeway, and head home. as i pull off the onramp, to merge into traffic, the sound gets louder and louder. sounded like little pebbles being thrown around under my hood. decided to ease on the throttle and try to pull off to a gas station.

right as i was about to pull on the offramp, i hear a BOOM ....

car dies. luckily i was going 60 mph and was able to (somehow) coast down a 1/4 offramp and onto a busy street and into a parking lot.

blew the motor.

oh well. at least it was a shitty sohc motor. so nothing really lost. parted out the turbo parts on Ebay and almost made my entire investment back.

some dipshit in hawaii bought my c1 intake pipe with hks ssq bov attached for 275.00. the bov itself costs only ~ 200.00 brand new :p

i still got the turbo sitting around with damaged fan blades....

then there was the time when i had my ZC in a 89 hatch.

upon leaving some redneck fucktard in a chevy s10 about 4 car lengths behind me, the engine sputtered and sounded like it was going to shut off.

one motor mount had exploded completely in a ball of fire.....

J/K

the engine just ran REAL poorly untill i got home and was able to figure out what was wrong. replaced the mount and the motor was as good as new.

i blew the apex seals in my old 88 rx-7 TII.

but damn that bitch could fly. violently high pitched BOV... and had beastly, im talking insanely load, dual exhaust... so bubbly and constantly backfiring...

anywho, i constantly red lined the hell out of it. after it hit redline (7.5-8K rpm's) it would just beep at me all day long as i churped through the gears. :D

eventually... blowing the apex seals. :(

R.I.P. 2001

stock Del Sol Si
on the highway leaving the club one night
Accord decides it wants to race
120-125mph for about 40 miles
check engine light pops on
let off throttle
low oil light pops on
pull over
engine knocking like a mother fucker

spun a berring

i keep a much closer eye on my fluid levels now :thumbsup:

Not from nitrous, but... I got caught in a flood & hydrolocked my motor. Never took it apart to check out the damage- the only thing visible was a hole in the bottom of the oil pan.

The guy who bought the motor from me emailed me after taking it apart & said: "Broken cam shaft. Looks like the cylinder filled up with water, couldn't compress and snapped the shaft. Only other damage looks like a small scratch on the bottom of the cylinder."

when i had my 97 Civic EX show car, i was driving down the highway from my dad's house on my way back to my apt and my motor was making a horrible racket that kept getting louder and louder. i had the gas mashed all the way down in 3rd gear and was going maybe 20 mph and not accelerating. well while the knocking was getting worse, the engine was also getting louder..LOL. i got the car and home and i let it set. i dunno what happened because the next day i had the car rvoluntarilly epoed because i was behind in payments. gave em a show car (minus a few items i took off) with a blown-up D16y8...LOL. fuck it i didnt care.

Back