1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

motor help

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by 90_EF_Hatch, Feb 10, 2011.

1. 90_EF_Hatch

90_EF_Hatch Señor Member

Im not sure if this is the right place to post this a Mod can move it if its not but ...

Im just looking for some advice to help a friend. I sold him my 93 integra and there is now a hole in the front of the block behind the header at about the 2nd piston.

The motor still started up and ran even with the hole (not well mind you) so im asuming that means its till salvageable.

I have another motor in my back yard (the one i pulled out of the car when i replaced the motor) and it has no cracks or hole in the block and it still cranks

do you think I could possibly piece the two together? Ive never really gotten into any engine building so is that something i should talk to a machine shop about?

or would it be easier if I just got another b18 short block and swapped it out?

any advise or info will help! or if there are more questions i should answer for accurate help just let me know!

2. 90_EF_Hatch

90_EF_Hatch Señor Member

well ive been looking around. trying to piece the two together might not be the best idea and could get to be just as much if not more than just replacing the motor completely. (if someone disagrees please chime in. just my assumption)

So if i do replace the motor (b18a1 obd1) could i use a b1 and just use the intake ecu dizzy etc off of the a1?

3. hondafreak513

hondafreak513 New Member

just get a b1 and switch everything over..

4. 90_EF_Hatch

90_EF_Hatch Señor Member

Ok thank you! I figured it would work and saw a few other people say it here and there. they are 10x easier to find than a good a1

edit. if someone reads this rep him, it wont let me

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted