motor hight

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PhyRe

last night i just droped a b18c1 in my 93 civic hatch and when i looked at it today, it seems like it might be sitting a little to high for my hood to close. i used the stock teg mounts. everything went in ok but it just looks a lil high. does anyone know anyhing bout this. id hate to put it all together just to find out i gotta do it again.

i thought the same thing but i said screw it and i put the hood on and began to close it and it seemed fine i closed it and it was fine so you should have no problem

sweet thanks for the help i was a lil worried

2" head gasket?
engine's in upside down?

seriously tho,
do you have a CF or aftermarket hood of some type, with a stock hood, should close fine.

Originally posted by twisted civic@Sep 22 2004, 05:53 PM
2" head gasket?
engine's in upside down?

seriously tho,
do you have a CF or aftermarket hood of some type, with a stock hood, should close fine.
[post=393598]Quoted post[/post]​

i have a carbon fiber hood that wont come close
the stock hood only shuts when i get the first latch then press real hard to shut it the rest of the way and you can see where it is hitting there is a guy with the same swap as me and he has the same problem

Originally posted by GoodSleeperRight@Sep 24 2004, 02:23 AM
I think it may be the hasport mounts :ph34r: ...I have seen a couple post just like this and everytime they have hasport mounts
[post=394221]Quoted post[/post]​

so what should i do call hasport
how did these other people handle it

Well i am not even 100% sure.I mean i would ask around more.I think it is the mounts because of so many post like this i have seen.This about the 10th post i have seen like this.Most of the time they fix it by buying an ugly hood scoop :( I hope you find a better fix to this problem.But calling hasport cant hurt i guess.Keep us informed

yeah ive also heard about hasport thats why i started this to make sure i wont have probs with stock ones. and that bitch closed right up it doesnt even touch the hood.

so what should i do

i say you take out the hasport mounts, sel them if you can,and get stock ones.

Originally posted by stedscivic@Sep 21 2004, 06:15 PM
tell me why my b18c swap wont shut on a 94 ex coupe with hasport mounts
[post=393150]Quoted post[/post]​

I've never heard of a hood not closing with a B18C and Hasport mounts in an EG.
An EF, but never an EG. Sounds like you need to adjust you're hood latch. Also check the diameter of the catch on the carbon fiber hood. If it's larger than the stock hood's, then the latch won't close on it.

Oh yeah, I work for Hasport.

brian g

Back